No announcement yet.

Avicularia avicularias joints leaking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia avicularias joints leaking!

Ive never seen this before, My Pink toe has all clear liquid coming out of his joints, They are just like dripping out. The only time I saw a spider like this was when one of my big bird eaters fell and sort of broke one joint in his leg and it bled clear stuff.
    As anyone got any ideas tho whats up with him? He seems to be rubbing his mouth on the glass too, He has water and the humidity seems ok. Ive just never seen this before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD3FkegX2Bo"]VIDEO[/ame] Had to cut the quality a bit to get it on YouTube but you can see the stuff dripping out of his leg joints. My cam doesnt like focusing in low light either
    My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Stuart
    There can only be two causes, the first and most concerning is damage to the joints, if this is the case try and get some unscented talk and attempt to stem the flow, using this to clog it up.

The second, this spider is approaching a molt. During this process the tarantula secrets a exuvial fluid between the old and new exoskeletons to ease is process of removal. It has been noted and documented that leaks such has you are seeing do happen prior and before the molt proper.

The fluid looks to runny for hemolymph (blood) which will have a bluish tint to it as it is copper based.

Try not to disturb the spider to much.

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

He is always walking about, He made a sperm web not long back so he's prob looking for a mate, Prob is he walks along the top of the tank alot and Ive seen him fall a few times but not too high as to hurt him.
      He seems ok today, He hasent been on the front of the tank yet so I cant see if its stopped but he has been cleaning his legs so Ill keep an eye on him
      My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Lee View Post
        He is always walking about, He made a sperm web not long back so he's prob looking for a mate, Prob is he walks along the top of the tank alot and Ive seen him fall a few times but not too high as to hurt him.
        He seems ok today, He hasent been on the front of the tank yet so I cant see if its stopped but he has been cleaning his legs so Ill keep an eye on him

Ahh Stuart
        I never noticed he was a male, it highly unlikely he will be molting if a mature male. Such damage on wandering males is common. As their heightened activity leads them in to many falls and scrapes.

Cheers
        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Cheers Mark, It just seemed a bit too harsh most of his joints leaking as such but still, He seems to be ok atm.

Comment

Working...
          X