No announcement yet.

mistake maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can purchase pipettes quite easily so I'd suggest getting some of them for watering, I use the same for my L. violaceopes (similar genus) as it does the same - approaches the entrance when I attempt to feed. Its recently moulted into what I believe is an adult female Singapore Blue and is often on show.
    I wouldnt worry about changing the water dish, let it dry out and then provide more water, that should kill off any bugs.
    One of the best ways to move pokies and various other "aggressive" arboreals is to provide a tube in their existing tub and move that into the new enclosure. As most species will hide upon disturbance you can use this to your advantage. Place a toilet/kitchen roll in the old tub and when the T adopts this drive kitchen towel into the top and push the tube into the substrate. You should have a T wrapped in a tube ready for transport. Place this into the new enclosure and slowly remove the kitchen towel. A long pair of tweezers is well worth investing in for this purpose and general maintenance required for arboreals.
    Alternatively, if the tub you have it in is small enough to fit into the new enclosure just put it straight in, remove lid and close the larger enclosure. Your T will eventually move home in its own time.
    If neither of these options are open to you consider feeding the T first and try to rehouse whilst it still has the food within its fangs. No guarantee this will protect you but its an idea on the opinion it won't drop its food to attack you. Above give it respect but try to remain clam, but purposeful.
    The use of the bathroom is a tried method, not because they can't climb out of the bath coz they can, but because there's much fewer places for it to hide. So, a quick clear up, shut the door and you're off. It's also handy to have the first 1/3 of a litre bottle of pop cut off ready for any escapes, or perhaps an empty cricket box and a piece of card.
    I'd suggest you get your new enclosure exactly how you want it before introducing your T.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Hiya, if you are finding it difficult even getting the lid open then maybe carefully cool the T off alittle. Try a cool room to start with, and if that doesnt work somewhere a little cooler. it may only take 5 mins of cooling to slow it down enough for you to comfortably do some tub maintenance or rehousing. Keep a close eye on it and keep trying the lid, you will see when it is working, and you can quickly get to work. Then slowly warm the T back up

Comment

Mate, I read this, and I am petrified! NOT because I think you will get hurt.. but because I know mine is still so small... but they will grow... !!

My daughter is arachnaphobic.. and yet, she wanted one of these.

So we got her one - she is 11 and is supervised at all times when she deals with her pet.

Amber has learned to touch it gently on the same leg with a clean, soft make-up brush (small) to indicate that she is going to be 'working' in the 'house'. This seems to work, and we now call it the 'sweetening charlotte up' technique! heheheh Amber also wears the same gloves everytime she puts her hands into the terrarium to change the water. And we don't allow anyone else to do this (Dad and I will only step in when Amber gets really scared - which still happens at times)

I listen to your story and I think.. OMG!! They don't stay small forever!!!!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes... I am more than interested to see how you cope!!

R
        I am but a mere mortal with dreams of grandeur!

Comment

Working...
        X