Now that's got me wondering....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that's got me wondering....

I've read somewhere (most likely on here) that Avicularia Avicularia (Common Pinktoe) can be kept in social groups providing you get the conditions right. I know this is extremely difficult to achieve but it has inspired 2 questions in me that I'd really like answering so I know whether I can or not.

1. Are there other species of tarantula that can be kept comunally (i.e. G. Rosea, G.pulchra etc.)?

2. Can tarantulas of the same genus be kept comunally (i.e 2 g.rosea with 2 g.pulchra) or is this an extremely stupid idea that will most likely leave me with four dead spiders?

Sory for the italics and thanks for any replies.
    "If you play with fire you'll get burned". Well I keep tarantulas so does that mean I'm going to get bitten even if I'm ultra-super-careful?

Short Answer: Yes (I have)(twice!!)(off a G.Rosea!!)

Originally posted by Sam Heaton View Post
    I've read somewhere (most likely on here) that Avicularia Avicularia (Common Pinktoe) can be kept in social groups providing you get the conditions right. I know this is extremely difficult to achieve but it has inspired 2 questions in me that I'd really like answering so I know whether I can or not.

1. Are there other species of tarantula that can be kept comunally (i.e. G. Rosea, G.pulchra etc.)?

2. Can tarantulas of the same genus be kept comunally (i.e 2 g.rosea with 2 g.pulchra) or is this an extremely stupid idea that will most likely leave me with four dead spiders?

Sory for the italics and thanks for any replies.
    Sam
    Avics yes the others you mention no no no!... unless you want a one big fat spider. Pokes do well in communally set ups but not all. Just search this forum and there is a wealth of info on communal set-ups.

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 04-01-09, 01:43 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
    X