T. Apophysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. Apophysis

Could you guys please give me some info on th T Apophysis please? I saw a pic of 'Legs' in the photo gallery and fell in love with him!

Im very much a novice - so would a T Apophysis be difficult to care for?

Thanks

Gill x

You can get them from Lee at the spidershop, keep the same as T. blondi, there should be a blondi article by myself somewhere on the site/old journal article.

Ray

Comment

Iv got large sling apox 2.5 inch for sell

e mail me if intresting.

Damian
      Thanks Damian

Comment

Ive just ordered mine after looking out for one for a year and a half.

Comment

Hi Gill & Christopher, welcome to the forum. The T Apophysis is a great T to own, but it has to be said they are aggressive, very fast and are usually somewhat nervous, and do need to be treated with caution when feeding or tending the tank, also their hairs can be very iritating. Having said that we've got two good sized slings and a Sub adult, and they are a beautiful rich colour. Good luck with owning one.

Comment

I have 3 of these which I purchased back in August, and they're doing very well. As they're from a very wet environment I tend to keep mine a little moist but not boggy, however I hear of others who keep them on the dry side. Mine are kept with cleaner insects (woodlice and springtails) to keep down any moulds and clean out any food remains. The humidity is higher than my other species due to this environment and they are kept in the warmest room in the house - the loft where the computers often provide extra heat - but without heatmats. The substrate is peat/vermiculite and chopped sphagnum moss.
            They certainly can be skittish and fast to attack food, although I was expecting them to eat more. 2 have adopted artificial burrows and the other is quite happy to sit in the open.
            As mentioned above, you want to watch out for the irritating hairs on these and T. blondi as they are reportedly the worst of any tarantula but so far I haven't experienced hair flicking from either species.
            I'd certainly recommend a long pair of tweezers.
            Here's a pic I recently took of the one that never hides.
            My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

If you check on the Spider Shop site it will give you details of temp/humidity etc. there. Remember these grow to massive sizes so sooner or later you will need something very bit for them to run around in.
              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
              X