hurry up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurry up

hi guys, one reason i was particularly looking forward to christmas is that christmas day ish is the usual date for my adult female b.smithi to moult. it is now into the new year and the cow hasnt even gone into pre moult, which with her is usually a few weeks b4 the event, i am getting impatient as she is absolutely stunning fresh from a moult. any ideas why she's holding it back?
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Well apart from the usual influences through out the year, food availablilty, water availability, temp and humidity etc being just right ......i just think she's trying to wind you up Matt
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

In my experience Tarantulas can be infuriating. You could try the old trick of cleaning her out and changing the substrate. It works for me.
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Maybe the leap second at the end of last year has confused her

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
          Maybe the leap second at the end of last year has confused her
          Count down to the new year being 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1,
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

You did get her a present I presume? Remember spiders are for life..........AND CHRISTMAS!!!!!
            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

thanks for the replies guys.
              colin.. if she is trying to wind me up, she is succeeding, lil cow lol
              ray.... cleaned her out only about 2 months ago, it needed doing so i did it before i was expecting her to go into pre moult as i didnt want to disturb her.
              nicola.... she did get a present, i get all my Ts a mouse or rat depending on size as a christmas treat. i didnt get her one as i was expecting her to be in pre moult but luckily one of my other Ts is in pre moult and didnt want hers so the smithi got it instead.
              moral of the story... never work with children or animals, they never do as you expect, i just wish she would hurry up as i have a matured male i am being loaned and wanna get her reproducing lol
              THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Originally posted by matthew spooner View Post
                hi guys, one reason i was particularly looking forward to christmas is that christmas day ish is the usual date for my adult female b.smithi to moult. it is now into the new year and the cow hasnt even gone into pre moult, which with her is usually a few weeks b4 the event, i am getting impatient as she is absolutely stunning fresh from a moult. any ideas why she's holding it back?
                Lol, that's just of their own accord mate. Are you still considering moving?
                Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
                Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As they get older it is common for B. smithi (and many others) to skip a year for their molt. Maybe yours has gotten big enough that she is only going to molt every two years?

My adult E. campestratus only molts every two years.
                  KJ Vezino
                  Certified Arachnoholic
                  My T Gallery
                  Quest for Knowledge: All the T info links you need!
                  "Have You Hugged Your Spiders Today?"

KJ’s Collection

Comment

thats probably what it is then, guess im just gonna have to wait another year.
                    hey rich, ye i am still trying but it aint all goin to plan at the moment. hopefully by summer i will be gone. im not moving there permanently now though, i plan on living and working there for a total of 6months and 1 week minimum of the year in total, that way i wont have to pay tax when i work in this country for the other 5 months, sneaky sneaky lol

Comment

thats probably what it is then, guess im just gonna have to wait another year.
                      hey rich, ye i am still trying but it aint all goin to plan at the moment. hopefully by summer i will be gone. im not moving there permanently now though, i plan on living and working there for a total of 6months and 1 week minimum of the year in total, that way i wont have to pay tax when i work in this country for the other 5 months, sneaky sneaky lol
                      Lol, that's mad but don't they accumalate it after you've spent two periods of six months here, making twelve months and therefore twelve taxable months? And do you plan to actually change citizenship?
                      Any way good luck with that though, same island?
                      Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!

Comment

the tax year runs from april to april, aslong as i am in this country for less den 6 months between april to april, i wont have to pay tax, and yeah same place

Comment

the tax year runs from april to april, aslong as i am in this country for less den 6 months between april to april, i wont have to pay tax, and yeah same place
                          Oh yeah my bad I knew that.
                          Well good luck with finding a job and moving there any way.

Comment

cheers, i hope it goes well, i cant afford to live in this country for much longer

Comment

cheers, i hope it goes well, i cant afford to live in this country for much longer
                              Mentally or financially?
                              Last edited by Richard Shah; 11-01-09, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X