My B.Smithi pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My B.Smithi pic

First proper pic I've taken of her. It's a bit dark in the image as I didnt want to use flash. But this is her. At least I'm 90% sure it's a her

Originally posted by Matt Brett View Post
    First proper pic I've taken of her. It's a bit dark in the image as I didnt want to use flash. But this is her. At least I'm 90% sure it's a her

Looks like mine, is it still quite small?

And if I was that t., I'd be peed off if I was really a male lol!
    Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
    Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gorgous smithi mate, and good camera quality. At glance it looks like a her, females tend to be more fatter bodied, the only realy way would be to wait for a moult. Time will tell i guess

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Shah View Post
        Looks like mine, is it still quite small?

And if I was that t., I'd be peed off if I was really a male lol!
        She isn't that small. At least I dont think so. Maybe 12cm from front legs to back legs, not all stretched out though. Like you see her in that pic. If I was to get a ruler then she'd be 12cm long there maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Peachey View Post
          Gorgous smithi mate, and good camera quality. At glance it looks like a her, females tend to be more fatter bodied, the only realy way would be to wait for a moult. Time will tell i guess

Mike

she just did moult last saturday.

yeah it is amazing quality isnt it. I bet I could do better too if I put my mind to it. We got given a digital camera for christmas as my gf is pregnant and grandparents want pics etc lol. But my dad really knows what he's doing whneit comes to cameras etc and that kind of thing so he got us this digital recorder that also does pictures. But the picture part is seperate from the video part internally, and apparently this matters lots and allows the manufacturer to put a better quality camera in there rather than having to combine it. Anyway, yeah it's nice!

Comment

Nice man, what you wana do then is to take a pic of your smithi's moult so she can be sexed for sure or help clarify your thoughts
            Can definately see she's freshly moulted, the colours look very vibrant.

Mike

Comment

Nice man, what you wana do then is to take a pic of your smithi's moult so she can be sexed for sure or help clarify your thoughts
              Can definately see she's freshly moulted, the colours look very vibrant.

Mike
              What parts of the moult do I have to take a picture of so it can be sexed? The moult came off in one piece so can I easily get a decent picture of the required part.

Comment

I believe there's a threat on here somewhere or on goggle but i belive the underside of the abdomen.

Mike

Comment

Oh really? That's pretty damn big... mine is only 7/8cm and I've had it for a year now. I know they are slow growers but wow!

I always try looking at the abdomen but they always seem to be ruptured... are my t.s too small still??
                  Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!

Comment

I think they always come out ruptured, it's the inside that's looked at i think...confuses the hell outa me, i haven't got the experience to sex t's yet.
                    Mike

Comment

Hi All try these pics they are from a B Klaasi female (adult)
                      Attached Files

Comment

does this help?

Comment

Oh, she/he might have eaten the insides. Was tired after moult I think, and saw much face burying in old skin.
                          I could soak it and try to have a look?

Comment

two paintbrushes and some water later............

this is the best I can do

Comment

I think they always come out ruptured, it's the inside that's looked at i think...confuses the hell outa me, i haven't got the experience to sex t's yet.
                              Mike
                              You and me both mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X