Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sperm webs

Do T's always destroy their sperm webs?

Reason im asking is that my Avic avic recently matured into a male and today when i got up i noticed he had built a web in the corner of his tank half way up so triangular shape and open at both ends id say just short of 10cm....ive also noticed today that his guns look pretty full (bring on the girls lol) ....on that note the web is still there so im not sure if it is a sperm web or just a normal web ? but i would say its not his usual style of web building!

Cheers
    Lynn

They don't always destroy them, sometimes they are left there (or bits are). I'm not entirely certain how you can tell his bulbs are charged though

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
      They don't always destroy them, sometimes they are left there (or bits are). I'm not entirely certain how you can tell his bulbs are charged though
      They may not be ..they just look more bulbous than usual lol and its around the 2 week mark since his moult so timing is about right but im a novice
      Hes very active though and what with the web im guessin he is searching for a lady

Lynn

Comment

I would tend to agree with you Lynn. If he's wandering about, he's ready and is likely searching for a female

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
          I would tend to agree with you Lynn. If he's wandering about, he's ready and is likely searching for a female

Cool im sooo excited unfortunatley i have to wait a couple of weeks as Lee at the spidershop is expecting some females in then ...havent had any luck so far aquireing a female.

Lynn

Comment

I have an AF Avicularia sp avicularia, the trouble we have concerns the Avicularia genus mix up....not knowing which species you have etc.
            There have been many questionable species that have been sold in the past as A Avic'.
            Do you know where yours came from, WC or CB etc....if i were to use him for my female i would need to confirm species...any doubt and it would be controversial to use him.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
              I have an AF Avicularia sp avicularia, the trouble we have concerns the Avicularia genus mix up....not knowing which species you have etc.
              There have been many questionable species that have been sold in the past as A Avic'.
              Do you know where yours came from, WC or CB etc....if i were to use him for my female i would need to confirm species...any doubt and it would be controversial to use him.
              Hi Colin,
              What i will do is contact the place where i bought him from tomorrow and see what i can find out also i will take a few pics during the day and email them across to you if you send me your email address.

Cheers
              Lynn.

Comment

Working...
              X