Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilkinsons tanks info

Hi folks,

am just wondering, anyone who has the Wilco tanks, what are the dimentions please? all the website states is 11 litres.

Thanks

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Hi Stuart, the tanks are 12" x 8" x 8", and are £5. They have an over ventilated lid with a centre feeding hatch. I use clingfilm on the lid to reduce the ventilation to what is required for the particular T, and they have different coloured lids. Great value.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply Linda, sounds good think I'll need to get a few

Cheers

Stuart

Comment

Hi Stuart, another tip with these tanks, use distilled or at least boiled water when misting as it reduces the watermarks, otherwise they can be difficult to clean without scratching. They are certainly good for lots of T's. If you want to pm me your e-mail, I'll send you a few pics.

Comment

Hi Stuart,

As said they are good value, but I have gone over to our (I work at Wilko) storage boxes, the clear ones from £1.99 each as they stack. I got spids in all sizes from small £1.99, to 80ltr at £5.50, even underbed ones at £3.00. If you want a quantity at the same time, go to the help desk and they will order for you, but if you have the terrariums, do inspect them before leaving the shop. I had an order of 6 before I worked there and 3 had to go back.

Hope this helps.
          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

I primarily use these for my more "arid" species, i.e. Grammostola an Aphonopelma, the extra ventilation isn't so much of a bother there.

They are good quality for the price but as Mary says you do have to check they are ok pre purchase as they do have a few duds from mass production.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I used to use them for nearly all of them, then space got tight and I have stackers now.

Comment

Hi and thanks Mary & Colin,

I have them mostly in tubs already, however my girlfriend isnt so keen on them "theres bloody spiders in the bedroom, spiders on that side of the living room, dragons on the other side..." hehehehe so I'm getting some nice shelving and tanks for them all, however those big tubs sound quite good for a couple of roach collonies I am going to be starting up, getting a bit sick of big crickets chirping all night, plus the dragons go through a load of them

cheers

Stuart

Comment

I keep my crix in a £2.50 one Stuart, got spiders in them too. Also use the shallow ones and the very deep ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Common View Post
                    Hi and thanks Mary & Colin,

I am going to be starting up, getting a bit sick of big crickets chirping all night

Why don't you buy Silent Brown Crickets ?

Comment

i used to get silents all the time but since moving house cant get them locally, know i covld order them but the amount the dragons go through im going to do my own roaches, think some dubia and lateralis, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X