Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner help

Hey all
    I have a question regarding my first tarantula, a curly hair.
    I've had her for close to 2 months now.. But I have a question.

I've given her about 3 inches of substrate.. and she has happily made a very big cave under about half the tank - and she has the entrance at the back right.
    But a few days ago, she webbed up the entrance.. and I gave her 3 crickets several days ago, but I found 2 of them completely dry yet still.. intact (She has plenty of water, and regularly drinks from it)
    And I found the third a few hours ago, just sitting on the fake plant.

My question is - Could it be pre-moult etc? Because she's always in her cave.. I can't see her, or what she's getting up to etc. Also, when she did eat, I could never remove the remains etc.. Becasue I just couldn't get there - Is this a massive problem?
    I've jsut always been under the impression that if a tarantula moults, it'll be up the top.. and not in a tight cave? (Saying that, it is a pretty spacious cave :P)

Any ideas?

Cheers!
    Paddy

If they web the entrance up, it's an indication that they don't want to be disturbed, so the spider could certainly be heading for a moult

They will often moult in hides or burrows.

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
      If they web the entrance up, it's an indication that they don't want to be disturbed, so the spider could certainly be heading for a moult

They will often moult in hides or burrows.
      Yep totally agree with Phil here .....my B albopilosum did exactly the same and moulted in her burrow.
      Now she is often out and about and looking beaut as always

Lynn

Comment

Working...
      X