Sad News for the Hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News for the Hobby

It is with great sadness that we must report to the membership that one of the founders of our society and the tarantula hobby in the UK has passed away.
    Frank Webb sadly died recently after a brief illness.
    Frank was a staunch supporter of the BTS and even after he and Ann retired from active service with the club they both continued to support the club.
    Without the input from Ann and Frank in the early years many of us would not be in the hobby today indeed the hobby itself would have had a different face.
    I am sure you will join us in sending Ann our deepest condolences.

Angela and Ray Hale
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Its rather sad news indeed even though never knew him myself, but it is always sad to hear that a founder member of the BTS has passed on.
    Seems he left behind a good legacy with the BTS and is someone I think we as BTS members can say we are all indebted to.
    Deepest condolences to Mrs Webb.

Chris

Comment

im with chris on this one, never met the guy but definately sounds like the sort of person i would have loved to meet, a legend in his own right if we have all this enjoyment to thank him for
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

They helped me a lot in early years too.

Condolences to Ann and family and RIP Frank xxxxxx
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

This is a tremendous shame and my condolences go out to Ann and family. The last book I read was Ann Webbs and I've seen both their names repeated in the journals as well as a little history of their work, which appeared as an article in one of the journals when they took a step back.
          I guess its a bit of an understatement to say we all reap the benefits of their work and our sympathies go out to the family during this traumatic time.
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Was a genuine, approachable fellow....offered good advice and always had the time for people needing, what would seem to most, even the trivial of assistance.

Will be missed !!

Sincere condolences to Ann...
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Sad news indeed. Never had the privelege of meeting him, but I've avidly read their publications, and their groundbreaking work in some of the early journals.

Condolences to the family.

My Collection:

Comment

Oh no! I met Frank a few times at the club meetings in Radlet in 1993/4.

I took a break from the hobby for a few years as I got married and was having children. I recently regained my interest and joined the forum last week only to find out this sad news.

Frank was very friendly and was the only person to put me at ease on my first club meeting, I remember being very nervous, Frank had great humour and made me laugh, so I thank him for that.

R.I.P Frank
                Last edited by Henry Johnson; 10-07-09, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Well done Frank! Thanks for your massive contributions to our hobby.

Condolences to Frank's family.
                  Blog - Australian Tarantulas: http://ecopathsim.blogspot.com/

Comment

Its never easy when we lose someone, he sounds like a lovely man and one who cared deeply about others and this hobby. My condolances to Ann.
                    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                    X