Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An odd addition to the invert keeping hobby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An odd addition to the invert keeping hobby!

strange! oddly intriguing though...not sure i'd enjoy feeding them though
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Now that is something I would like to keep..........oh wait a minute I'm already married!

Comment

hahaha! hope she doesn't read this Chris
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

haha ..... ewww i wouldnt share my blood im too im too selfish hehe

Comment

A couple of weeks in the Borneo jungle and you'll have more leeches than you can shake a stick at (and I can shake a stick at a LOT!).
          sigpic

Comment

one of the perks, eh? sign me up for one of the expeditions! lol
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Think if they drank my blood they would either be dead or change colour to a tie dye pattern . Nice find

I will go on one of the Borneo trips one day when i get enough money. But at the moment i have decided to start a Degree in Natural Sciences
              Last edited by Matthew Baines; 21-01-09, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Oh the joy of black things hanging off your legs in the rainforests, I remember it well, too well!!!

Not sure these things are for me but they certainly bring back memories of Black Adder:
                Doctor Leech: ... I think you're in luck though. An extraordinary new cure has just been developed for exactly this kind of sordid problem.
                Edmund: It wouldn't have anything to do with leeches, would it?
                Doctor Leech: I had no idea you were a medical man.
                Edmund: Never had anything you doctors didn't try to cure with leeches. A leech on my ear for ear ache, a leech on my bottom for constipation.
                Doctor Leech: They're marvelous, aren't they?
                Edmund: Well, the bottom one wasn't. I just sat there and squashed it.
                My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
                  one of the perks, eh? sign me up for one of the expeditions! lol
                  James
                  Not sure about perks, but fun! yes...
                  I remember picking about 13 off me when we did a huge hike into the jungle to camp. Striped down to the lycra shorts (stops the leeches going to the wedding tackle), and got into my hammock only to find a rather fat plump little sod making its merry way over the edge of the hammock. One I must of missed picking off.

Boy the stink when you put them on the fire! but sizzle rather nicely...

Cheers
                  Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                  Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                  Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                    Boy the stink when you put them on the fire! but sizzle rather nicely...
                    Mmmm - black pudding!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Speaking of expeditions (slightly off topic), this is something i would like to do when my 2 youngest children get abit older.

Is there certain criteria that you have to fit to be eligable to go on one?

Cheers
                      Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by lynn mawdesley View Post
                        Speaking of expeditions (slightly off topic), this is something i would like to do when my 2 youngest children get abit older.

Is there certain criteria that you have to fit to be eligable to go on one?

Cheers
                        Lynn
                        Lynn
                        On our trips, you do need to be reasonably fit IE be able to walk!, but other than that, open minded, fun loving and willingness to pitch and have a dam good time is required.

Its hot! its sticky! and at times long traveling days, by road, plane or walking. So patience with others is a must. Oh and you have to put up with me and Dean...

Cheers
                        Mark

Comment

Lynn
                          On our trips, you do need to be reasonably fit IE be able to walk!, but other than that, open minded, fun loving and willingness to pitch and have a dam good time is required.

Its hot! its sticky! and at times long traveling days, by road, plane or walking. So patience with others is a must. Oh and you have to put up with me and Dean...

Cheers
                          Mark
                          Great stuff Mark, im sure i would fit in well then

Also im sure i could put up with you guys, if i can put up with my husband & four children ....mainly the male gender i reckon i'd have no problems haha.

Cheers
                          Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by lynn mawdesley View Post
                            Great stuff Mark, im sure i would fit in well then

Also im sure i could put up with you guys, if i can put up with my husband & four children ....mainly the male gender i reckon i'd have no problems haha.

Cheers
                            Lynn
                            Lynn
                            Should be a walk in the park for you... I'll pencil you in

Regards
                            Mark

Comment

Lynn
                              Should be a walk in the park for you... I'll pencil you in

Regards
                              Mark
                              ooooo not this year Mark i was hoping to go in a couple of years with you guys when my little ones are abit bigger and ive saved enough cash lol.

How long is it that you go for and how much cash do you need for the trip?

Cheers
                              Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X