Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mould on my G.B.B...??

Hey all,
    I have a sub-adult G.B.B, and over the last few days, I have noticed that one of its front feet appears to be wrapped in white furry substance, like webbing.
    I'm worried because one of my first thoughts was 'is that mould??'
    Can this happen? Can a T have mould growing on it? There is no mould growing in the tank at all (this tank is kept very dry for this species), so I would think it to be unlikely. But still, thought I'd ask the question...
    Mould, or just some webbing stuck to my G.B.B's foot..???
    Thanks,
    Martin

Hi, tarantulas can suffer from mould but this usually appears on the abdomen ( soft and fleshy) and not on the feet. It may be that she has webbing caught on her feet. If she has dont panic she will clean it off herself in due course.

Should a trantula have what appears to be mould on her abdomen it can be terated with a fungicide. BUT BEWARE....you must us a very diluted fungicide that is >INSECTICIDE FREE< Check the label before use. This can be applied delicatly with a soft paint brush. I had an Aphonopelma seemanni with the problem and she was cured within weeks. It can be a reult of an over wet environment coupled with a lack of air flow.
    Hope this helps

Ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

it might have made itself slippers for the winter lol!

Hope it's not mould and it is just excess webbing, please keep us informed I have a juvi GBB as well
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

One of our big female Parahybanas webs extensively, then all of a sudden decides to walk through the whole lot for no apparent reason, and for the next few days looks like she's wearing white tights lol, let's hope yours is something similar

Comment

Working...
        X