Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poecilotheria ssp. in captivity

Dear All,
    Thank you for your feedback regarding our survey on www.poecilotheria.com.
    The result after one week is already amazing. We have recorded 3000 plus specimen of Poecilotheria ssp. in captivity, whereas 600 are adult females, most of them captive bred.
    Please keep going and appreciation for our hobby.
    All attendants, once leaving their email address along with the survey will receive the final result in April 2009.
    Thorsten Kroes

Have you posted this survey on the American Tarantula Society forum?
    KJ Vezino
    Certified Arachnoholic
    My T Gallery
    Quest for Knowledge: All the T info links you need!
    "Have You Hugged Your Spiders Today?"

KJ’s Collection

Comment

Poecilotheria survey

Hello KJ,
      We have not posted this survey on other worldwide forum yet so far, but it is a good idea. Anyway, we got some feedback from some participants of the US that it is difficult to take part in the survey due to transmittal problems but we hope that this will be soon sorted out and to have more patience, while the input of data takes some of your valuable time.
      Thank you very much for all.
      Thorsten Kroes

Comment

Thorsten thank you for posting about this on the ATS board hopefully it will help bring more input from this side or the world, other boards you might want to post it on if you have not are arachnoboards.com and tarantulas.us
        i was more then happy to take the extra time and fill out the survey, having just celebrated the 11th year of having my regalis female in the family, it would be interesting to know how old other peoples specimens are (if possible)

Comment

Poecilotheria survey

Dear Mike,

Indeed thank you very much for your appreciation in our hobby and support. Altogether we received 98 serious answers so far in the first online survey with respect to Poecilotheria ssp, the magic number of 100 is shortly to come.

We have evaluated the data of 77 participants in the survey and the result is already a great success. Up to now, we have recorded 600+ adult females of Poecilotheria ssp. in captive breeding stocks and more than 3.000 juvenile specimen. Most of them are captive bred, the wild caught rata is 1,5 %, for the common species (not "new species") it is almost 0.00 %.

Nice to hear that you are keeping P. regalis successfully for a very long period. In the next step, it would be interesting to know what age P. ssp. can achieve in captivity and how many eggsacks they may produce in their lifetime.

Summarizing I would like to state we are all on the right track, that this genus can be reproduced without taking any wild caught specimen from the nature.

Regards,
          Thorsten
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X