leg room.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg room.

hi everyone just need some info on tank size. hopefully next week i'll be getting an adult female smithi but what im not sure about is if the tank i have for her is big enough. it's 12 by 12 by 12 inches as are all the others i have. i do have an adult female chilli rose in one and she seems very happy in there but i've heard that smithi's like a bit more room as they like to wander.

Hi
    Sounds like plently of room to me.
    cheers
    Chris

Comment

I agree with Chris, not many people keep their adult spiders of that and similar genus in much more floor space...
      I would put in as much substrate as you can so the risk of damage from falling whilst climbing is minimalised though.

Colin
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi Vicent, we use a 12 x 8 x 8 Wilco's tank, and she's happy enough in there.

Comment

cheers colin just making sure.

Comment

thanks for the info linda like i said to colin i just needed to make sure thats enough room thank's.

Comment

cheers chriss sometimes i just need a second opinion thanks.

Comment

easiest way to work out tank size is that the floor space needs to be atleast 2 and a half times the leg span of the spider
                THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

ok thanks thats what i thought,

Comment

Working...
                  X