please post me how many t's you have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please post me how many t's you have

Hello everyone, I am interested to know how many t's everyone has and could you list them here along with what started you wanting to collect them and how long you have had each one for. I am just curious as to which t is the most popular and why you like them.

I started with a female 7 inch leg span Lasiodora Striatus/goliath stripe leg to which I was terrified of and I had her to combat my fear of spiders. I bought her May 2008 from a spider exhibition and I'm glad to say that I can now touch her but cant handle her yet.
    I then bought a Gramastola Rosea/chilean rose October 2008 and love watching them. They have both shed and I am fascinated by them and wish that I had found out that I like them years ago. All that time I spent with the sleepless nights when they start coming into the house through being so scared of them I now realise just how stupid it was. I just hope that my collection continues to grow but I would love to hear about some other people over coming their fear and to know more about the species that have just got to be on the number one list for keeping and why.

Comment

I have got:

1.3 Sericopelma sp Panama
      0.1 Sericopelma sp Panama
      0.1 Sericopelma sp Panama
      0.1 P. fasciata
      3.1 Pamphobeteus sp Ecuador
      1.1 M. cabocla
      0.1 Coriocnemis sp
      0.2 Euthalus sp blue femur
      0.1 LBJ Guyana

So 17 in total, then again the Pamphos are Andy Ms so 13, the blue femur, one is going to Kenny the other in alcohol so 11, the male M. cabocla is also going for a swim, the male Sericopelma is getting really old (20 months after maturity) so wont be around for long so only around 9 spiders left

A

Comment

Brachypelma smithi
        Brachypelma albopilosum
        Brachypelma klaasi
        Brachypelma emilia
        Brachypelma boehmi
        Brachypelma vagans
        Brachypelma sabulosum
        Brachypelma auratum
        Brachypelma albiceps
        Acanthoscurria geniculata
        Grammostola rosea
        Poecilotheria regalis
        Poecilotheria rufilata
        Aphonopelma crinirufum
        Nhandu carapoensis
        Nhandu coloratovillosus
        Citharischius crawshayi

so 17 in total at mo
        THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

As you can see mine are all included on my signature, i have no overall favourite because they are all a must in my collection.

The next sp i want to include are pokies just because of the sheer beauty of them so im hoping to pick up one or two at the BTS exhibition in May

Comment

Its nice to see a Brachypelma fan Matthew. Do you have any pictures?

Comment

0.1 Thrixopelma Pruriens, got her as an adult 10yrs ago from a work colleague (along with 1.1 of her siblings, both of them died though)
              0.1 Brachypelma Smithi, got her 10yrs ago as a 6month old sling at a rep show in Scotland (the only one there has ever been I think!)
              (the rest I have got within the last year)
              0.0.1 Nhandu Chromatus,
              0.0.1 Avic sp. Peru Purple
              0.0.2 Thrixopelma Pruriens
              0.0.2 Brachypelma Emilia

And I bought my boyfriend his first T for Xmas, a GBB sling.

I got my first T 13yrs ago, when I was 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Grose View Post
                Its nice to see a Brachypelma fan Matthew. Do you have any pictures?
                brachypelmas are by far my favourite species. i do have some pics, must get round to stickign them on here. below is a pic of my albiceps and smithi

THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Thanks for the pics Matthew. There is so much detail on them. Right up and personal. What is the white stuff on the smithi

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Grose View Post
                    Thanks for the pics Matthew. There is so much detail on them. Right up and personal. What is the white stuff on the smithi
                    vermiculite dust, dont use it any more cus she used to make a right mess lol

Comment

When you can get round to it, will you put all your brachy's up for me Matthew. I like to see the difference. Actually I would like to get one but which one?

Comment

all of them are good, they are a hardy spider with a good temprement, although they have a tendency to be very flicky.
                        my favourites are the b.klaasi, b.smithi and b.auratum

Comment

Hi Lisa,

My collection:
                          3x Brachypelma smithi
                          1x Brachypelma boehmi
                          1x Brachypelma vagans
                          1x Poecilotheria regalis
                          1x Psalmopoeus cambridgei
                          1x Pterinochilis murinus
                          1x Theraphosa blondi
                          1x Haplopelma lividum
                          1x Grammostola rosea
                          1x Stromatapelma calceata
                          1x Cyclosternum fasciata
                          1x Psalmopoeus irminia
                          1x Ephebopus murinus
                          1x Thrixopelma pruriens
                          1x Cyriopagopus sp "blue"
                          1x Megaphobema robustum
                          1x Chromatopelma cyanopubescens

19 all together.

The reason i collect them is out of shear fascination and variety.I aways wanted a tarantula since i was a boy but my parents would never let me have one so when i moved out at 16 i got my 1st 't' which was a G rosea.Then i met my partner and she had 3 B smithi's then things started to get out of control with inverts and reptiles in every room of the house. Now 10 years later i only keep 't's.... + a frog + 4 tortoises + 4 siamese cats!!!
                          My favourite 't's are Pokies because they're unpredictable, strikingly marked and decently sized....Awesome spiders.
                          I really must expand my pokie collection.Maybe buy some from the BTS Exhibition in May!

Your thinking about a pokie are ya??

Comment

Thanks Robert. I love pokies but I wouldn't say that I am skilled enough for one of them. Unsure I would cope with them. I will eventually have one I'm sure. I know what it is like to have a mother dead scared of spiders. We bought our son one of those real remote control tarantula toys and she wouldn't go near it and freaked out when it was travelling in her direction. You are lucky meeting someone with the same interests. And you have cats too. Also one of my favourite breeds is the siamese. I have three cats called Jedi and Fluffy (sisters) and a stray Diju named because my 2 year old son at the time couldn't say Jude, so it stuck and the cat seemed to like it.

Comment

I've given up counting but I think its near or possibly over 300 at mo.
                              There's an outdated list in my collection tab which I should edit.
                              I was always fascinated by my m8s chili rose and sat watching it for hours at one or two of his parties. Eventually I decided I needed something to distract me from my computers and I guess its got a little out of control.
                              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X