Forum Registrations are suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Registrations are suspended

Registration to the BTS forum are currently suspended, we are currently under attact by a spate of drug related registrations and human spambots...

Also a lot of people who must be poor sighted as the seem to missed the rules which thier reminded of serveral times during, before and through registration process, then still feel the need to send abuse to me when they are rejected.

I sick to death of sending polite replys back to ignorate, irrate idiots.

So until further notice if you wish to join the BTS you have to contact me first.

Regards
    Admin
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 02-02-09, 05:59 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Hey Mark,

If you forward the emails to me, I'd be happy to send them a "polite" response...........
    sigpic

Comment

Same as above but only if you want a not so polite response

Comment

I wouldnt reply to them personally because as they are most likely to be automated bots, all you are giving them is a live working email address for them to spam too

Comment

I feel your pain Mark. We had a spambot attack on AP a while ago. Bloody wasters

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Common View Post
            I wouldnt reply to them personally because as they are most likely to be automated bots, all you are giving them is a live working email address for them to spam too
            Stuart
            Don't worry I never reply these emails, I was referring to actual people who join the forum, who actually want to be here, yet miss the rules, they miss the rules agian during registration, and the 3 or 4 reminders, then actually click on the button that says "I have used my real full name". Which they have not.

Then they get very polite auto reply once deleted, which politely explains the rules again and asks to re register following these rules.

Then they email me and basically call me all sorts of stuff and that in some way I am personally stopping them getting info.

Spambots and spammers go only one way, in the bin, and the email address and usernames are banned. Automated spambots cannot get past the registration process, as we have custom fields.

So these have to done manually, it only last a few weeks till the get the messgae they are not getting through.

Cheers
            Mark
            Last edited by Mark Pennell; 02-02-09, 09:34 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
            Serious Ink tattoo studio -
            Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
              Same as above but only if you want a not so polite response
              LOL - Thanks Matthew. My comment was "ever so slightly" sarcastic - Mark knows just how "polite" I can be!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X