Iomachus Politus - confirmed hit :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iomachus Politus - confirmed hit :)

Had a bit of a set back with these as some of you may remember.
    Mum ate the bambino's!

However after feeding the female back up again I put the M & F in together yesterday afternoon. I got the torch and had a little look in on them last night to make sure they were ok, and much to my delight i found a spermetaphore, so it looks like we have a confirmed hit
    Both are happily snuggled up under a piece of flower pot.

I am hoping that in 11-14mth time I will have some better news

and for those of you who dont know what iomachus politus looks like...
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

congrats lisa, fingers and toes crossed that the mate is successful
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

cheers hun

Comment

Good luck Lisa. That's some gestation period! Would I be right in assuming these are closely realted to Hadogenes?

Comment

yes they are they both belong to the group Hemiscorpiidae.

Thankfully the gestation is not as long as say... h. troglodytes/paucadins which is 18-20 months. And my paucadins went the full 20!

Comment

I hope you have better luck this time lisa, and as before put my name down lol
            the spermetaphore looks like its been fully drained lol so hopefully you will get a few

Comment

yeah i noticed that too. If it was natural daylight i might have been able to get a better close up with the macro lenses, however my camera is temperamental with these energy saving light bulbs

been watching them today and the female has been curled up in the flowerpot and the male has been 'guarding' the entrance. Never seen that behaviour before.

Comment

only just read this, sorry to hear of the bad news of your female eating the babies
                hope you have better luck this time!
                i'll definitely reserve one or two if all goes well, my adult just died the other day
                Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

I've not been on the forum much lately so I didn't know about your loss Lisa. But it seems as one door closes, another one opens. Even if it does take over a year!!!

@ James. Shame about your news too.
                  Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

oh eck james sorry to hear about that. so long as we get the babies off mums back you'll have your scorpion stocks replenished

anyway, female has burrowed at the back of the flowerpot and the spermetaphore has been eaten, which again, is a good sign.

there has been no other mating behaviour since they were put in together so i have my fingers crossed that the first mating was successful.
                    so all going well sometime early 2010 we may have more bambino's

Comment

good luck and cheers Lisa they are fantastic scorpions, easy to look after and attractive
                      i will miss the old one!
                      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

yeah they are a cool looking scorpion... you have to love the stupidly long claws on them! They look so disproportionate!

Comment

yes they do! very strange, and i love how they seem quite comfortable hanging upside down from a bit of bark or something!
                          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
                          X