B Smithi Sling hiding away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B Smithi Sling hiding away

Good evening all! I have a quick question about my 18 month old B smithi - about a month ago he pushed mounds of earth in front of his burrow entrance so I presumed he was about to molt - yet a month later and no sign of him! Typically how long will they shut themselves off from the world for?

All advice is much appreciated - I just miss my t is all lol
    Many thanks
    JC

Hi James!

Hehe, I think most people on here will agree.....it takes as long as it takes!! Depressing but true! Our first T did the same for at least 6-7 weeks, finally moulted, then made a very slow entrance over another week! Her abdomen was pretty small when she emerged, but after a couple of crickets she was right as rain!

As much as we were tempted to have a nosey, we just left her to it.

Keep us posted

Comment

yep, def a gree. my smithi has done it as well. dug in, and was not seen for about a month. so yeah all normal. just gna have to wait it out lol

Comment

Agreed. Generally they come back out when they're ready. Just make sure there is water available at all times

My Collection:

Comment

sweet sweet reassurance, exactly what I needed! Thanks for your help everybody, I'll let you know when he comes out..

JC

Comment

Working...
          X