Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going on holiday

Hi all,

We're going away soon for just over 2 weeks and we're wondering what to do about our L Para. We've left him for a week before without food but with my Dad topping up water to keep the humidity up but wasn't sure of the best course of action for a longer period of time.

1. Will he be OK without food for this time, again with my Dad topping up water?

2. We have an offer of a friend to have him but would the moving of T and tank be too stressful for the sake of 2 weeks?

A separate question, how long can a T go without access to water?

Thanks, as ever
    Jane

2 weeks for a T (presuming its not a s'ling is no time at all... they can go much much much longer without food. so 2 weeks shouldnt matter much. jsut give it a a couple extra crickets etc before you go,. and a couple extra when you get back.. then go back to normal. (well there abouts) and it would depend on species for length of time without water.. imagine a b.smithi for example. living in the desert regions... ina drought i cant see why they wudnt be able to survive for a few weeks without propper water... anyway.. im sure somone else would be able to coment on water. but again, as long as the water dish was topped up before you went... i dont see why it woudnt be fine for 2 weeks just left alone.
    Last edited by jason holland; 24-02-09, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Hi Jane, the L. Para will be fine, as long as she's got water, some of our females don't eat for months, so a couple of weeks is no problem, have a nice time by the way.

Comment

Thanks, I guessed he would be OK.

For future reference though, would it be too stressful for a T to be moved (in his tank) and looked after by someone else? I think our friends would love to look after him (as they've got a couple of young lads and anything remotely exotic is fascinating) but it seems pointless them having him if he's going to be too stressed to eat.

Comment

Yes, you could move him, no reason not to especially keeping him in his own tank, the only pointer I would give would be to warn young children regarding the dangers of putting their hands into the tank, but with that in mind he may be better where he is, decisions

Comment

Working...
          X