Shipping Ts from the UK to US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Ts from the UK to US?

I'm moving back to the US (New Orleans) from the UK and am wanting to take some of my tarantula collection with me... Can someone tell me how I go about doing this legally and also the costs involved? As I wouldn't want to risk having any of them destroyed if I sent them illegally - they're worth at least $2000, probably more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Chris. I'm not sure exactley what to do, but I'd first contact H.M. Customs and the U.S. Customs and see what help they can advice. As it will ultimatley be down to them as to whether they enter/leave the country. Then contact the airline to see what help they can offer. I'm sure you are not the first to try and take tarantulas over the Atlantic.

Hope this helps.
    Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Chris
      It is not UK export you should be concerned over but the importation into the US, they will be requiring a lot of paperwork and I suspect many species such as those on CITES (B, smithi etc) although captive bred in the UK and Europe for decades are all seem as wild imports by the US and will most likely be confiscated even with valid UK export permits.

I suggest contacting the US Embassy and the US Fish and Wildlife Dept. Also perhaps contacting Todd Gearheart or one of the many other US dealers who import from Europe all the time. Expect around $500.00 in broker fees and paper work.

Hope this helps.

Regards
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
      X