Legless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legless

Hi all, my white knee sling has recently lost a leg. Absolutely gutted!!!!!
    I believe it will grow back in future molts but am concerned it may be in pain or open to infection etc??

Anyone who's clued up on this scenario, I'd love some reassurance.

hi alexander, dont worry your T will be fine. this sort of thing happens to them all the time in the wild and they adapt to deal with it, like you said the leg will re generate when moulting
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

are any of you good at ID's
      I'm a leg man myself, the more legs the better!

Comment

Ts, and other inverts, can stop the blood supply to the limbs and seal off wounds in the legs. Some ppl suggest using unscented talcum powder if there's signs of blood but it should be within the Ts capability to seal off the wound.
        The leg will grow back over a few moults.
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Legless? Not any more!!

Hi all, just an update and a thankyou to those who advised on my original post. "Goliath" my white knee sling has cast one off today and now has eight legs again!
          As you can see in the pic, the new leg is all white and appears almost useless but this is the first molt since the loss.
          Very pleased!!
          Again, thanks to those who advised.
          Attached Files

Comment

i wish we could regenerate like they can!
            you'll be surprised at the speed of regeneration. i have a Brachypelma albiceps that lost two legs, no idea why. however, three moults on and the legs are pretty much back to normal.
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X