sods law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sods law

well after a fab weekend at the lectures, i returned home to find my b.boehmi had moulted. i was so excited when i saw the shed skin in the middle of the tank as i love the vibrancy of the colours when any brachypelma sheds. i took the tank off the shelf to find my sexy spider only to find it tucked behind its flower pot dead. BUMMER!!! this is one i cant explain as the first thing i did was check temps and humidity and all was fine and she was only a jeuvenile so i know it wasnt her age that saw her off. needless to say i was absolutely gutted and am now in search of a replacement if anybody can help there.
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Sorry to hear that Matthew, what a shame

Comment

oh never that's awful... same thing happened to one of my scorpions over the weekend. it's a bummer!

Comment

Shame about the deads guys
        Must be especially bad when you don't know the cause.
        Matthew, if your getting a replacement then I've seen quite a few adults advertised on the reptileforums classified recently. Maybe worth a look.
        www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

I know the feeling Matthew. One of my pedersenis had a horrendous moult last monday, it took her two and a half days to get free of it and then she pulled two of her own legs off in the process. The stress of it was too much and she passed away on Friday. She was a lovely spider, an S/A female with amazing post moult colours. So you have my commiserations
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

thanks for the messages guys, cheers craig i might have to have a lil look on there
            THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Alright Matt,
              That sucks about your boehmi mate. There was one for sale on ebay but i just had a look to see if it was still there and its gone.
              I was tending to my collection last night and found my Stromatopelma Calceatum dead. Absolutely fine the night before so i'm now on the hunt for one of those if anyone can help...

I'll keep my eyes peeled mate.

Comment

cheers robert, sorry to hear about your loss

Comment

Working...
                X