• Show
Clear All

Would not miss it! I'll be there!
    Claire Beckett

[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

to be updated lol....new additions

Comment

NEW: Friday 26th February pre Lectures event drinks and meet up the hotel bar. Ideal if staying on the 2 night package!
      NEW UPDATE: Just opened next door is the Aztec Hotels new Travel Lodge style apartments. See below for detail's.
      Venue: Aztec Hotel and Spa, Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol
      Cotswold Suite
      Date: 27th February 2010
      Ticket price BTS Members (per person): Lecture and Dinner £40.00
      (+ paypal admin charge of £2.00)
      Lectures only £20.00 (+ paypal admin charge of £2.00)
      Ticket price Non members (per person): Lecture and Dinner £45.00
      Lectures only £25.00 (+ paypal admin charge of £2.00)
      Time: 11.00 - 11.30am for registration
      Lectures to start: 12 Noon
      Lectures to finish: 5.30 pm approx
      Dining room Bar: till dinner starts
      Dinner to start: 6.30 pm
      Approx

Lecturers: All times approx and subject to change and overruns
      12.00 noon : Opening introduction ice breaker
      12.15pm: Richard Gallon BTS Turkish Theraphosids
      Special Guest:
      1.15pm: Martin Huber Germany - In search of spiders in Laos - Lane Xang Hom Khao (Land of a Million Elephants and the White Umbrella)
      2.45pm: Coffee, Tea and Biscuits
      Special Guests:
      3.15pm: Soren Rafn: Denmark "Spider collection - how & why".
      4.15pm: Chris Hamilton USA - "United States Aphonopelma...looking at evolutionary relationships, historical dispersal into North America, potential causes of speciation, how we use DNA, morphology, and ecological data to determine species boundaries, and the future work that will be revising the genus (with Dr. Jason Bond - my advisor at East Carolina University - and Dr. Brent Hendrixson)."
      5.30pm: Lectures finish.

Dinner at 6.30pm until late (or until you drop).
      In the evening we shall be having a sit down hot fork buffet, if you would like to stay for the dinner, of which I am sure you will, there may well be a few surprises in store.

After Dinner Talk - Andrew M Smith

Also we have been given a special room rate for overnight stays if anyone is interested cost being:

Saturday night only
      £103 per double room
      £80 per single room

This price includes full use of the leisure facilities and breakfast.
      Payment on checkout by yourselves.

Friday and Saturday Special
      Friday night Dinner, Saturday, Sunday Bed & Breakfast
      Total cost for the weekend stay. Single £157.00 or Double / twin £225.00
      If you wish to stay please can you let me know as soon as possible so I can book a room for you?

Also if you would like to bring guests who may not necessarily like to come to the lecture but would like to have dinner with us this can also be arranged, the hotel will gladly allow the use of their facilities whilst the lectures are in progress. The cost for this would be £26.00 for the dinner only.
      Lodge on the Park: This is just next door the the Aztec Hotel prices to follow. Staying here you can really make a weekend of it!

Payment details-

You will need to book your place by the 14th Jan 2010 and payment must be received no later than the 1st January 2009 book online at https://shop.thebts.co.uk
      You do not have to a member of the BTS to attend or give a lecture. Children will be welcome to attend but must to properly supervised at all times. All Dinner and lecture tickets by advance bookings only. Refunds on cancelled places before December 31st will incur a small admin charge.
      No refunds can be given after Jan 16th 2010 as your place would been paid for at the Hotel.

NOTE: The selling of tarantulas is strictly forbidden, you may exchange or swap tarantulas but no monies should exchanged in public. So its an ideal place to pass on males etc. The use of video equipment during the lectures will be restricted to official use only. Photographs are permitted within reason. See last years photos in the gallery section. Any live tarantulas must not be visible to the public and other hotel guests.

Last edited by Mark Pennell; 25-02-10, 06:58 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

There are a few places left for the 2010 lectures!

BOOK ONLINE TODAY!

last booking by 14th Jan.

Regards
        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

Working...
        X