Need advise & knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise & knowledge

Hi im new to BTS and have a few questions on my E. Pachypus (Stout legged baboon) not a 100% sure it is that! I have had E. Pachypus about a year and a half and everything has been fine E. Pachypus make some lovely burrows you can see them big fluffy back legs come in handy
    But a few weeks ago i re housed it and put it in my room and it has not even started burrowing yet or eaten might i add which is strange because when i have re housed it the other few times within a few days a week at the max it had burrowed.

The other strange thing is about a week ago it kept climbing to the top of the cage and fell to the floor a few times which got me worrying since then i turned the heat mat up from 70-75 to 80-85 and it has not climbed since but still has not burrowed. The only thing i can think of is its to humid in the viv because the soil was fresh so was sill abit damp but when i had him in a plastic container it would be humid for a few weeks and in that few weeks my T would still burrow.

So im just wondering if someone who has kept these T successfully could give me some pointers and tell me what setup they had.Im going to upload some pictures aswell thought that might help.

Thanks

Comment

Hi there,

Although i have one im not 100% knowledgeable on them , but i do keep it on the dry side and it seems happy enough sat at the front of its hole with just legs poking out Ask Mary Walters on here she keeps them and she will keep you right

Lynn
      Last edited by lynn mawdesley; 09-03-09, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Thats definately a pachypus. One of mine burrows and one dosen't. They are kept on a 75/25% mix of peat and sharp sand, a water bowl and a weekly spray. Lovely spids, just wish I could get a male now lol. My spider room is 25-27c and they don't have mats, get too hot and spids burrow to get away from heat.
        Last edited by mary walters; 09-03-09, 07:16 PM.
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

oh wow that is an awesome looking T. look at the legs lmao... it has it's own flairs!

Either that or it has it's very own cyber fluffie clubbing boots!
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Just a question, is that mould showing on the first layer of substrate in your first pic, or hopefully just condensation?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Baines View Post
              oh wow that is an awesome looking T. look at the legs lmao... it has it's own flairs!

Either that or it has it's very own cyber fluffie clubbing boots!
              Roflmao.... trust u Lisa xx

Comment

hehehehe
                My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I love them fluffy legs . Its just condensation nothing to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Neal View Post
                    I love them fluffy legs . Its just condensation nothing to worry about
                    Haha .... fluffy legs! they do have hehe! although i think mine has half flares ...sorry! im in a funny mood 2nite ive just paired up versi's and am happy happy!
                    Yes to me it looks like condensation ...however i would suggest putting the heatmat on the side of the tank instead of underneath.
                    I had my T's scattered about on top of heatmats on my royal pythons viv then my hubby built me a set up so i could put them on the side.
                    Plus all depends on hot you have the room the T's are in ....ie if your a cold ass they would do just fine and only have to up the temp on a night etc etc

Lynn

Comment

Ok thanks for the advice people! I took the bit of log out of its cage yesterday and started a hole for it and it has been sittin in it all day and i just checked on it finally it has eaten a cricket just finishing him off so im abit more happy now

Comment

flares

Great looking spider mate, not seen one before

Comment

Working...
                        X