Hey everyone- Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone- Book?

Hey everyone, ive just joined recently and have enjoyed gaining info from scrolling though this forum and i hope to continue to do so.
    Ive had a chili rosea for 6 months during which time s/he has moulted once, great tarantula.
    I just recieved my OBT spidering (1cm) last week and am awaiting the arrival of the final addition to my collection on tuesday which is a little chaco golden knee- 4cm (thanks again Neil)

I will post photos this week of all 3, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good tarantula book that i buy on line? Ive not seen any mention of any. Thanx Jamie

Welcome to the forum,

The best book in English is currently Ron Baxters, which is available directly from Ron address in the BTS journal.

Regards

Ray

Comment

Book

Welcome Jamie

The book of choice seems to be "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarantula-Keepers-Guide-Stanley-Schultz/dp/0764100769"]Here[/ame] is a link to it on Amazon. I have a copy and it is very informative.

Paul

Comment

hi jamie, I agree with paul the tarantula keepers guide is a awsome book
        there has recently been a 3rd edition of this book with more up to date information published , im still waiting on my copy so cant say if its better than the old one but it is also available on amazon
        Last edited by Matthew Davies; 15-03-09, 09:08 PM.

Comment

book

Think im gonna get "the tarantula guide" from amazon today as it seems really popular-thanx for all recommendations thou

Comment

Baxter's book is the one I'd go for, but to be honest I'd get all these three books:
            Baxter's
            Schultz
            Marshall

These are the best 3 English language "how to keep books" IMHO.
            Richard

Comment

I'm told the 3rd edition of Stanley Schultz' book has an additional 20o pages, so worth making sure you get the most recent edition. This is full of history, biology, care, breeding, evironmental impact, collecting and species guides, so quite an indepth study of tarantula. I'd thoroughly recommend Marshall or Breene for quick introductions to keeping Ts.

Note to self, remember to get Baxter's book.
              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
                Note to self, remember to get Baxter's book.
                Definitely recommended. It's an excellent book

My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                X