Hi new to T's and forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new to T's and forum

Hi everyone, I have a weird combination of arachnophobia and fascination when it comes to spiders . My house is more animal friendly than human friendly as I live alone apart from my ever increasing collection of reptiles and invertebrates. I suffered a slight stroke last summer so as a result I'm limited in my physical capabilities and inverts seemed like something even I could maintain. I already bred gals, cockroaches and millipedes as feeders for my reptiles while hunting for supplies require for these 'temporary pets' I became more and more fascinated by the myriad of colours and subtle differences between each species of tarantula. After reading several books on them I took the plunge and purchased a couple of G. rosea then a couple of B. boehmi and so on. I should be getting a new car this month (need an automatic) so hope to see you at the BTS exhibition in May in the meantime I could be picking your brains on here

Hi Iain, and welcome to the forum

As for any questions, then fire away. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

My Collection:

Comment

hey

Hey welcome to the forum Iain,

Comment

welcome to the forum iain. And welcome to the hobby
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Iain, welcome to the forum.

Comment

start pickin ! Its only a matter of time before you have more T's than you ever planned on having ! we all started with a couple, the rest is history.
            Good luck and welcome
            Tony

Comment

Hi Iain,
              Again welcome and I see you've got great spiders already! Get ready for the show in May, the first time I went my eyes nearly came out of my head! Remember though not to do what I did. Buy to your hearts content and then travel home thinking "Where am I going to put all this lot!" Having said that I'll probably do the same this year!
              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Need a wallet lock!

I know exactly what you mean about buying, I cant help myself even online. I've found the best thing is to order food - animals then mine - when my pension comes through then pay bills then look at the websites or I run out of food for myself guaranteed by half way through the month. Tasty and nutritious though mealworms are I dont like stealing my animals food

Comment

Working...
                X