Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasiodora spp.

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity (and the fact I have 11 Lasiodora spp. that may have mixed up labels (long story)) - is there any definitive way to tell apart the various species? The labels are for L. parahybana, L. klugi, L. difficilis and Lasiodora sp. "Bahia". Most of the information I've managed to trawl for on the intermod is vague or conflicting, so it would be nice to have some kind of a definitive answer! Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi Mark,

Currently the Genus Lasiodora stands with these species as listed here:

From this list I would say the current list can be split into the following two groups:

The real Lasiodora species:

L. acanthognatha Mello-Leitão, 1921, fbenedeni Bertkau, 1880, citharacantha Mello-Leitão, 1921, cristata (Mello-Leitão, 1923) , cryptostigma Mello-Leitão, 1921, curtior Chamberlin, 1917, differens Chamberlin, 1917, difficilis Mello-Leitão, 1921, dolichosterna Mello-Leitão, 1921, dulcicola Mello-Leitão, 1921, erythrocythara Mello-Leitão, 1921, fracta Mello-Leitão, 1921, itabunae Mello-Leitão, 1921, klugi (C. L. Koch, 1841) , lakoi Mello-Leitão, 1943, mariannae Mello-Leitão, 1921, parahybana Mello-Leitão, 1917, pleoplectra Mello-Leitão, 1921, f spinipes Ausserer, 1871, striatipes (Ausserer, 1871, subcanens Mello-Leitão, 1921, from Brazil and saeva (Walckenaer, 1837) from Uruguay

Whether all the above species will remain as there is some evidence presented that some of these will be synonyms of others

The following species used to be in the genus Crypsidromus and will probably be removed from the genus Lasiodora after the genus is revised.

L. boliviana (Simon, 1892) Bolivia , brevibulba (Valerio, 1980) Costa Rica, carinata (Valerio, 1980) Costa Rica, fallax (Bertkau, 1880) Brazil, gutzkei (Reichling, 1997) Belize, icecu (Valerio, 1980) Costa Rica, isabellina (Ausserer, 1871) Brazil , moreni (Holmberg, 1876) Argentina, panamana (Petrunkevitch, 1925) Panama, pantherina (Keyserling, 1891) Brazil, parvior (Chamberlin & Ivie, 1936) Panama, puriscal (Valerio, 1980) Costa Rica, rubitarsa (Valerio, 1980) Costa Rica, sternalis (Mello-Leitão, 1923) Brazil, tetrica (Simon, 1889) Venezuela, trinitatis (Pocock, 1903) Trinidad, trinitatis pauciaculeis (Strand, 1916) Trinidad.

The "real" Lasiodora species are most likely to be found to be specific to Brazil (see the first list above) so all others from Central America and the Islands will end up in other Genera.

Hope this helps a bit

Ray

Comment

See here: http://www.ib.usp.br/~ricrocha/ISA17...SOCOMPLETO.pdf

page 65, Bertani's revision of the genus. But I don't think it's been published yet.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Many thanks for your help guys

Comment

Working...
        X