Quick Q regarding Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Q regarding Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli

I was at hamm this weekend and saw alot of these for sale all resonable sived juves at very good prices. However I couldn't for the life of me recall if these were the ones the BTS was trying to protect or not and so decided not to buy on princible incase they were the afformentioned type.

So can anyone help me out here, are the tigrinawesseli the ones the sanctury was setup for? or failing that are they another rare type that is from a specific region and being heavily imported?

On the one hand i'd choose not to purchase so as i wasn't being part of the problem of destroying a wild animal population, however they were selling so fast and in such large number i was tempted to get a few if only so i could grow them for breeding to ensure species surival, bit of a dilemma.

My Collection: - Support CB

Paul
    This species are or where not the subject of the sanctuary which was Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica

P,tigrinawesseli
    as far as I am aware has been extensively captive bred, from the few individuals that where wild caught.

Might be worth reading these 3 articles on this page they are at the top.

The British Tarantula Society, the largest and oldest tarantula society in Europe.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Rich, how much were they going for? Just so I can get a rough idea of how much I would expect to pay at the BTS show.
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I think they were adveraging out around 8-12 euros though there was so much stuff i may be mistaken.

My Collection: - Support CB

Comment

Sven Koppler has these available:
          Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli (3cm body), 70€

Thomas Vinmann has some too:
          Ornamental Spider Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli, India, new discovered large and colourful tree spider, social spider, can be kept in groups, 2nd molt, one for 25 EUR/5 for 100 EUR
          Ornamental Spider Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli, India, new discovered large and colourful tree spider, social spider, can be kept in groups, 5 months old ca. 2,5 cm bl, one for 50 EUR/3 for 120 EUR
          Ornamental Spider Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli, India, new discovered large and colourful tree spider, social spider, can be kept in groups, 7 months old ca. 3,5 cm bl, one for 60 EUR/3 for 150 EUR
          Ornamental Spider Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli, India, new discovered large and colourful tree spider, social spider, can be kept in groups, 1,5 years old ca. 5 cm bl, one for 75 EUR
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Working...
          X