water bowl hygiene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water bowl hygiene

I cant seem to find any information on how often to clean water bowls , I do this daily with my reptiles but I was wondering if it is necessary to be as stringent about it with my T's. Possibly a daft question cos I'm full of them!

I remove any debris/bolus when I see it and replace the water. Haven't felt the need to clean any of my water bowls for at least a year but I guess there's no harm in doing so.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

I try to wipe them out once a week and replace with fresh water. This helps me to keep an eye out for pesky mites. If they're in the bowl, then they're probably on the spider as well.

Comment

Thinking about it i tend to do mine say once every week unless they have rearranged thier homes and dragged loads of substrate in them lol

Comment

i do it if i think it needs doing. before putting anything, wether it be a water dish or ornament in a tank i always soak in hibi scrub anyway. i used to remove parafanalia once overy couple of months and repeat the process but i found that it didnt really need doing. if you use water straight from a tap you may find the water dish goes white with limescale, if this happens i remove and replace cus its a bugger to scrub off and i only use coffe jar lids anyway so they dont cost anything to replace. if you use water that has been boiled and left to cool, or like i do, use mineral water than you shouldnt have a problem with it needing cleaning
          THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

We usually do ours everytime we feed unless they're upside down or burried in substrate lol
            Last edited by Mrs Linda Street; 24-03-09, 03:55 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Working...
            X