Hey :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey :)

Hi all my names Ben and I just got my first tarantula about three weeks ago, its a female G. rosea and im really happy with her, she is eating well and has settled into into her new enclosure very quickly.

I decided to join this forum as i have a couple of things i need some help with, if you guys an girls dont mind.

Im looking into buying another tarantula, preferably a B. smithi as i really like the colour of them and have heard they are a relatively easy species to keep, but the problem is, the pet shops that sell tarantulas over here (N Ireland) have limited species. So i was thinking about buying one off the internet and having it delivered to me, but i dont want it arriving dead or extremely stressed.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has experience in buying tarantula's off the internet and if so could they recommend a good site to me?

Also, if anyone has a B. Smithi and wants to sell it, i might take it

thanks alot

Ben

Welcome to the forum and the hobby!

Many people in the hobby have bought spiders off the internet, most people have had no problems with the spider arriving dead or in bad condition, but it does happen occaisionally, it's a risk you take. However, a lot of sites have a live arrival guarentee, so will refund/replace your spider if it arrives dead, or dies shortly after arrival.

Some highly recommended sites are:
    Though used for Beetles they can also be used to supplement the diet of Roaches, Millipedes and Livefoods.

Entomological Supplier of Spiders, Tarantualas and other Bugs and Insects

Comment

Hi ben where in NI are you? i'm over in derry and can get you a wide range of species including B.smithi as i make resonably regular trips over to the hamm show in germany.

To be honest as far as spiders go theres only 2 maybe 3 shops in NI that ever stock anything more than your typical G.rosea. so your always best looking online or private sales.

My Collection: - Support CB

Comment

thanks for the websites Emily

and Rich I live in Enniskillen, is there any chance of you being able to post a tarantula down to me?

Comment

Can do that yes, there is a couple of B.smithi in my local exotic shop, however if yoru willing to wait until may (the next hamm) you will get a much better price option. The last show had good sized sexed sub adults going for around 30-35 euros.

My Collection: - Support CB

Comment

yeah, sure, i could wait till May, it'll give me plenty of time to get another enclosure set up completly. What date is the next hamm?

Comment

Working...
            X