molting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molting?

My sling has refused food now for just over two weeks, i have given space of a few days between feedings to avoid irritation. im feeding the same food as usual and there have been no changes in care. just yesterday i checked up on the lil one just to see if its ok and she now has burrowed for the first time into the substrate. worried now a day later that she still hasnt moved i tapped lightly on the side which usually causes her to move a little, i then opened the enclousre which always gets her moving around then proceeded to mist and still nothing. her legs have come closer to the body and seems to be in a defensive stance. are these the characterisitics of a molt?
    she arrived 23/01/09 currently 08/04/09 and i have yet to experiance a molt so its not a suprise, but i just want reassurance that it is only a molt.
    happy days to all

I've moved your thread to the general discussion part of the forum nick

It sounds plausible that it may well be a moult. The main thing now is that you now leave the spider undisturbed. I know how tempting it is to take a peek every so often and/or tap the container, but really they're much better left alone when moulting.

Keep us up to date with the progress

My Collection:

Comment

cheers for moving my concern to the right place, and thanks for the reassurance. I shall leave her alone and hope for the best.
      will keep updates

Comment

Working...
      X