Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help id spider

hi all,
    iv been trying to id this tarantula for a few days now and dont seem to be geting no where.

so far iv been told these posibles

3 people think e. Murinas
    2 people think aphonopelma seemani
    1 l. Parahybana
    1 l. Diffilis
    1 grammostola pulchrips
    1 g. Rosea

But after going throw loads of vids on youtube I think it's a lasiodora klugi.

mines not so hairy but think hes about to moult.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbIM7duK7k"]YouTube - Lasiodora klugi[/ame]

So what do you think.

thanks, alan

It really looks like Lasiodora klugi

Comment

yeh been looking thro loads of pics and vids and think that may be the one but not sure, still cunfused with all the difrent replys i got lol

Comment

Alan
        Pentax-onomy (camera taxonomy, id'ing etc.) is pretty unreliable at the best of times and no real ID can be given. Hence you get a few wild guesses etc.

I am pretty sure when this sp molts as its pretty drab we will be able to say with a little more degree of accuracy. However if you wish to have my opinion its none of the pre mentioned names and is most likely one of the many recent Pamphobetus sp x Ecuador that have surfaced just of late.

So no real positive ID can be given if this is the case as these have not been named yet.

Its a nice spider... and my opinion is a educated guess only as well...

Cheers
        Mark
        Last edited by Mark Pennell; 12-04-09, 02:15 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

looks like acanthoscurria....IMO

tom

Comment

That has nothing to do with Lasiodora or any of the other ID attempts that has been given. It looks like a Sericopelma
            species. Not very common in the hobby. Which could be why most on the boards are having difficulty in placing this spider. Take contact to Ray Gabriel on this forum as he will be able to help you to species level plus some more with this genus

Cheers!
            Søren Rafn

Comment

My vote is Nhandu Chromatus.

Comment

i back up soren here, i would say as unaccurate as photo iding is, with Sericoplema spp

Comment

Working...
                X