Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stuff a dead tarantula?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here stuffed and mounted a tarantula?

Just got a quote from the taxidermist @ £300 not cheap!!

He said something about having to remove all the parts clean, then reassemble.

I would appreciate anyone's comments.

Cheers

Stevo

Wouldn't mind knowing about this myself!

Comment

Must admit... I've never seen a stuffed T

Would it not be easier to preserve it and put it into a display case? I know you can get the cases cheap enough (depending on how fancy you want it) and there are sites on the net that tell you how to go about it.

Saying that.... having a stuffed T just sitting on your coffee table would make a more interesting decoration than a preserved one in a box, lol
      I'd rather have something I don't need than need something I don't have

The things in life that are meant for you don't pass you by

Comment

I've wondering about this before as well.
        I've been told you can remove the inards of the abdomen and replace it with cotton wool then stitch it back up. I've never tried this so I don't know how/if it works.
        Also, someone told me about being able to cast in resin. I've not tried this either, but certainly will one day. Even if you deceide its not how you want to preserve yours, its certainly interesting to read. It's on the ATS website by Rhys Brigida. Here's the link:
        http://www.atshq.org/articles/rhysresin.pdf.

Comment

I think I remember Carl & Sue Portman telling me they had one of their tarantulas stuffed.Maybe try and contact them they might be able to tell you more.

Comment

Working...
          X