olla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• olla

Evening ok introduction i bought my brother a red island bird eater for his birthday and got hooked on spiders full stop and as youd expect im looking to get my first one and set up but irealy would like a spider a bit different than a chille rose or a mexican red leg thoughh a fire leg is beautyful so im looking for something a bit different but that isnt to high maintenence well not yet i ve joined as a member so waiting for stuff tto come through post so any one got any sugestions oh and please tell me there are gooty orinmentals in the uk never seen sutch a beautyful spider any got any info on that thanks reguards gareth xxx

hi gareth and welcome to the forum. it is really easy to get hooked on keeping Ts, expect to keep many. for good starter spiders, if you dont want a g.rosea or b.smithi, i would say stay with the brachypelmas and grammostolas as they are generally good hardy, low maintenance Ts and make lovely pets. Lee at thespidershop stocks alot of grammostola so maybe give his website a visit and see if there are any particular species you like, then someone will be able to give you some more species specific advice on here. good luck in finding your first (of many) T
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Welcome Gareth, and now the addiction begins.........
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the hobby

You'll be pleased to hear that there are certainly P. metallica in the UK, and I would imagine there will be a few available from overseas at the BTS show too

My Collection:

Comment

ok now you got my interest like i said ive never seenany spider as beautyful as this one but dont know anything about it any idea on price or how to keep it i supose il have to wait til bts show and find out then but thanks for the reply xxx

Comment

Originally posted by gareth yates View Post
            ok now you got my interest like i said ive never seenany spider as beautyful as this one but dont know anything about it any idea on price or how to keep it i supose il have to wait til bts show and find out then but thanks for the reply xxx
            Welcome to the forum Gareth
            Theres so many species to choose from ...in the end you will want to have them all lol
            Bit of advice take a few quid with you to the BTS ...i'll guarentee you will come back with a few!!!

Lynn

Comment

Working...
            X