More advice for a n00b!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More advice for a n00b!

Hello, I've already asked loads of advice in the Intro thread, but I'm getting worried about my Chili. She webbed up the front of her hide, which led me to believe that she was going to moult, it was webbed for about 3 days, this morning she has torn it down and no moult, she has been in her hide for nearly a week. I know Chilis are reknowned for not eating randomly for periods of time, but I cant even get a look at her to see if she looks well, her hide is really long and I dont want to stress her out to see of shes ok, what should I do?

Thanks in advance and also sorry for constant questions as well.

she's just being a G rosea...they do this kind of thing (ie apparently random stuff). if her abdomen is decent sized, i wouldn't worry about her not eating either, just keep trying now and again.
    she is unlikely to die before you get a chance to see her to check. was her abdomen of decent size last time you saw her? if that was not long ago then chances are she's still fine.
    in all likelihood, you'll see her soon enough to catch any danger signs, though i doubt anything is wrong with her. most times, a happy spider is one you can't see!
    when you get a look at her, is she looking a bit shabby? a moult could be coming as you thought. but it takes them ages...i thought mine were going to moult any time, and it took them months

frustrating but wonderful spiders.
    Last edited by James Box; 15-04-09, 07:54 AM.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

hahahaha! oh good old g.rosea's. If you look up random in a dictionary you will see a picture of a rosea!

Rosea's can look fat and slightly scabby in pre-moult for absolutely ages. They give you signs like they are going to shed, then change their minds just to get on your nerves! for one of the most easy going tarantula's in the hobby they cause the owner a lot of unnecessary stress lmao!
      Our adult female G.rosea was 'premolt' looking (and acting) for about 9-10 months before she finally decided to get on with it!
      So from the moult before to the last molt she went nearly two years!

Best thing for you to do is chill out and let the rosea get on with being random lmao!
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks guys, sorry I keep on about the advice.

Yesterday! She finally ate, I plonked a Locust in there for her the other day and was going to take it out yesterday as she didnt seem interested as I looked in the tank there she was chowing down on it, WOOHOO!

Comment

Working...
        X