growing family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• growing family

hi everyone i just wanted to tell you all i have a new addition to the gang. im now the proud owner of a gramstola sp conception and what a beauty he is i got him from lee at the spider shop. i was so surprised when i let him out in to the tank the colours are outstanding. well i thought he was so impresive i've now put in an order for a female cant wait for her to get here. the next one on my wish list is a chaco golden knee these guys look very impresive in looks and size. i've had a read up on these t's and they sound quite docile. i dont suppose anyone could give me any advise on the chaco for example tank space and if it's ok to put your hand in the tank to do any maintenance or water change without any suprises. as for tank space would a 12 by 12 by 12 inch tank be to small or would i need to get something a bit bigger.

hey Vincent, i also got one of those adult G sp Concepcion's, and i agree, they're beautiful. i got it because i got impatient for the spiderling to grow up
    Grammastola pulchripes (formerly aureostriata) have a deserved reputation for being docile. I have three and have had very little attitude from them.
    sometimes they want to go for a walk as soon as you open the tank, a trait they share with most of my more calm species.
    i am sure there are exceptions, but i think they are less variable in temperament then rosea, so you will probably not get any nasty surprises.
    they can grow quite large, and do make the rounds, but i don't think they need massive tanks.
    mine have tended to be very good eaters, though they can fast like most Grammostola.
    also, there are two varieties, one from Argentina, which has thinner and more striking striping on the legs, and one from Paraguay (did i get that right?) that has thicker, less distinct stripes but is no less stunning for it.
    they have a pink sheen to the carapace which is noticeable when they catch the light just right.
    they are gorgeous freshly moulted, the brown and golden stripes are set off by loads of pink setae.
    as far as i know they like it on the dry side, but i believe a touch of humidity doesn't go amiss...especially with the Argentinian variety, again if i got that right.
    don't think you can go too wrong with generic Grammie care though to be honest.
    very nice choice.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

thanks for all that info james sounds like the chaco is a real joy to have. i must see if lee has any at the spider shop fingers crossed. thanks again james much appreciated. i,ll let you know when i get one and how things go cheers mate.

Comment

good plan, but also watch the ads and classifieds on a few sites, i'm sure you'll find one! i may have got a detail or two muddled, hopefully someone with more knowledge will correct me if i have.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

My g/f bought a Concepcion from the T Expo today (also from the spider shop) - we love her!

Comment

Working...
          X