pokie escape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pokie escape

hello one and all,been some time since i last posted but i thought id share last nights heart stopper with you to raise a smile on this wet sunday.
    i have 8 tarantulas now including my pride and joy female goliath who is now so big and fat she must be over 10" span and only 5 years old but anyhow also in my collection is my pokie regalis who i bought from the spider shop last christmas and has now grown to adult,well last night i return home from the pub and went to the bedroom where my Ts and kept only to notice one door on the pokies tall exo terra house was slightly open,like about half an inch and i realised i must of left it like that when i changed the water some 2 days ago...initial panic set in and i thought well theres no way the pokie would get through that small gap so i got into bed...you know whats coming next dont you,at 4am i woke up after feeling a very light sensation across the back of my hand and i sat up in bed and turned on the light and saw a very large hairy pokie sat halfway up the wall above my head!!! .....i then spent the next half hour with various containers trying to capture it and knowing how agressive this lil bugger can be i did not want to get tagged..so the moral of this story is MAKE SURE THE DOORS CLOSED lol..and why is it only my old world Ts want to escape?? all my new worlds are quite happy all day doing nothing and show no interest in going anywhere...ive not seen my starburst babboon in weeks id best check hes still in there
    all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Hey
    I had a similar inncident with a sling. i thought the small cage i had was closed (bearing in mind my slings arrived very unexpectedly in the post as a mistake, i was waiting for Haplopelma Lividum, so i had to find what containers i could) went to check on them a few hours later and this particular one managed to fit through this incredibly tiny gap. The sling wasn't that small but anyway unfortunatly never found it. (it actually really upset me) i tried searching for it and hoped it would turn up on my face while i was sleeping but never did i still have ten of the buggers though and they are lovely.
    funny stories though!

Comment

Originally posted by kelly murray View Post
      Hey
      I had a similar inncident with a sling. i thought the small cage i had was closed (bearing in mind my slings arrived very unexpectedly in the post as a mistake, i was waiting for Haplopelma Lividum, so i had to find what containers i could) went to check on them a few hours later and this particular one managed to fit through this incredibly tiny gap. The sling wasn't that small but anyway unfortunatly never found it. (it actually really upset me) i tried searching for it and hoped it would turn up on my face while i was sleeping but never did i still have ten of the buggers though and they are lovely.
      funny stories though!
      Haplopelma lividium? funny you mention it but of all my Ts this was one of mine that also escaped,.he spent a week behind my bedside cabinet before being discovered..my pokie is now perched in the corner of its tank looking very miserable since i ended its adventure around my house...its that old world tarantula thing again..great adventurers they are

Comment

The part about the "light sensation" across the back of your hand gives me the creeps....especially if it was dark in the room!

Comment

ha ha

I just got my first pokie-juvi faciata. Its not fully grown but i would not want her on the loose lol, so aggressive and fast. Nothing prepares you for it really lol.

Comment

pokie on the loose

Originally posted by Jamie Brady View Post
            I just got my first pokie-juvi faciata. Its not fully grown but i would not want her on the loose lol, so aggressive and fast. Nothing prepares you for it really lol.
            trust me when i say it totally freaked me out,i went to bed thinking ah it must still be in the tank but i think subconciously my brain new that slight brush against my hand was my pokie wandering around the bedroom!! i can still see it on the wall above my head and believe me i froze...its unbelievably quick in bursts and i knew if i didnt catch it 1st hit id be in trouble...these things have a reputation for nasty bites that often damage tissue and nerves,....ive kept tarantulas for 15 years now and thats the only time ive been genuinly freaked out...imagine if it had walked across my face lol

Comment

lol

Originally posted by scott wilson View Post
              imagine if it had walked across my face lol
              might have needed nose amputated lol

Comment

well i picked up a new OBT from the show last Sunday along with a couple of others (P. chordatus , E. campestratus) the obt looked a little chilled so thought it would be a good time to put him into his new tank...they're damn good actors , as the lid came off all i saw was an orange blur shoot out of the box he was in straight under the tv cabinet so moved the cabinet to be greeted by one very irate obt ,certainley learned not to take anything for granted with this one but its beautifuly coloured spider so i've forgiven him for "my" mistake and scaring the hell out of me

Comment

Working...
                X