The show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The show

Well, how was it for you? Myself I had a great time, thanks for a great day to all; to Steve for Aladdin, to Colin, Elaine and the gang, to Ray and Lesley for the lively Chaetopelmas, to the Spider Shop gang for the good advice (and the spids), and to Andrew (can't wait for the new stuff later in the year). And to all others as well, thanks for the show!
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

It was pretty amazing wasn't it! Wish I could've stayed longer and had some proper chats with people! There were some beautiful T.blondi, and some absolutely stunning roaches! I've compiled a nice little list now, now i've seen the Selencosmia sp. "Ebony" in the flesh I will have to get a nice little set up prepared for a trio or so, they're gorgeous little beasties! Spent about two hours there just snapping photos, can't wait for next year, think i'll come with my own money/shopping list then
    sigpic
    Proud member of the B.T.S and B.A.S

Comment

Iona and had a fantastic day. It was great meeting Colin, Elaine, Mary, Trev, Pete & James. Sorry if I missed anyone else. Someone let me into the queue to buy a spider and I'm sure they said my name but they were away before I realised who it was so if it was you Hi and sorry I missed you! We left about 1pm and managed to get back up to Scotland by 7pm!

Got quite a few of the spiders I was after as well as a few others. Managed to get an Avic sp fasiculata from Elaine and Colin which was top of my list as well as P. pulcher, T. blondi, P. irminia, C. crawshayi and thankyou to James for the Yamia sp. I really wanted a M. robustum but I only saw one but it was too expensive for me.

Hope everyone else had a great time and got what they wanted! Lookin' forward to hearing how everyone else got on.

Anyway, I'm off to sort all the new guys out. Could be a while, lol!

Craig
      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Had an excellent time as always, same as the last few years ended up assisting on the Spider Shop stand - good job we did because it was much busier than I expected - credit crunch, what credit crunch?

I did manage to have a nosey around before the doors opened but saw nothing that caught my fancy. So I stuck to selling and chatting which becomes quite enjoyable after a while Nice to meet some new people and catch up with old friends.
        Utterly exhausted now, for the first 3 hours at least it just didn't stop.

Total spiders brought home = 0! That must be a record for me. Kate did pick up 3 P.irminia and 3 P.cambridgei but I didn't pay for those so I'm not counting them!

Thanks also to the committee and all involved with the running of the show

Comment

Yes guys, it was good! When I went I only wanted a few pokies and a couple of H. schmidti. I left with 5 schmidti, 2 of Ray's Chaetopelma, a male/female pair of E. pachypus, 2 A. abberans, an S. Philappinnas (hope I spelt that right), my first Grammostola (G. vachoni) and a Chilobrachys (Great for getting exercise when re-housing, I caught her in the end!). Roll on the lectures in Feb!

Oh and Leon, great to meet you and how do I keep this orange thing you sold me!
          Last edited by Nicola Dolby; 17-05-09, 07:20 PM.
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Great meeting you at last Craig.

Was Kate in greenstripey top Leon?? She got cambs and irminias from me.
            spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
              Great meeting you at last Craig.

Was Kate in greenstripey top Leon?? She got cambs and irminias from me.
              Yep, she always keeps an eye out as they are probably her 2 favourite species so when I noticed you had some I sent her over to buy some for herself as I knew they would not last long!

Well done on the prize by they way

Comment

I had a great day at my first show and came back with a very nice A versi (thanks Lee), my first scorpion (thanks Lisa), 2 x Yamia sp Koh Samui slings (thanks James) and got to see a lot of species I had wanted to see in the flesh and some great people!
                Claire Beckett

[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

to be updated lol....new additions

Comment

what an absolutely blinding day, picked up a nice fem b.vagans to put in with my male. well done mary for the prizes, and to everyone else that won
                  THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

It was absolutely fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed it. so many thank you's to soo many people, Claire Beckett, James Box, Peter Lacey, Steve Mccintyre, Ray Gabriel... my head is still spinning I cant remember everyone at the mo!
                    But if i missed you off that list... thank you as well

And yay I got some amblipygids again. I literally ran to the stall when someone told me that they were at a good price, there was no way I was missing out on them.

everything is in their new home, only just had enough tanks! Literally! And the front room... and the bedroom is now packed out with inverts... as it should be lmao!

Comment

The 24th Annual Exhibition

Just a quick post (and my first actually) to say to everyone how amazing that show really was.

I met some of the nicest, friendliest people ever over the weekend and my thanks to all of them for making me feel welcome and comfortable. Cant wait to meet you all again soon! Had the best Saturday night ever!

The show on the Sunday was nothing at all short of incredible. The turnout was huge and the whole day was a massive success - especially for me as I ended a six year hunt for my dream spider! (A beautiful B.Smithi) And walked away at the end of the day with six new beauties to rear and care for. Three of which were exceptionally kindly given to me by Elaine Ross (who also won an award).

So, all in all - the BEST weekend I've ever had! Thanks again to EVERYONE.

And lastly, my special thanks to Ray & Angela Hale for giving me the opportunity to attend this special show

Thankyou

Comment

had a graet time it was my first show when i got there after my turbo blowing on the m6, got some nice t,s, and 1 that forgot the name so dont know what it is think its a sudan thailand but cant find 1 on the internet any1 help when grown its a dark colour with a yellow strip down its legs.

Comment

Ahh the lovely lad who sold me my T shirts, glad you enjoyed it and got some spiddys.

Thanks Ray and Angela for another wonderful day.

Thanks to Carl Portman too for being my lucky charm, last time he was at a show we walked away with 4 trophies, this time 3 lol. Great to see you Carl mate xxx
                          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Yes it was great , but i now feel like i did 20 rounds with Mike Tyson and won ( Hurting all over but feel great.) Came away with plenty and everything i had on my wanted list ( Thanks Lee for completing my Quest for Cyriopagopus Sheioedtei was frustrating at times when i could not find any at all). Not finished yet neither , getting a Lampropelma nigerrimum on wednesday ( When we have more money) Thanks to the one that won Best Asian Arboreal, what a absolute beauty!!!

Comment

Myself and Craig were very impressed with the show, it being our first. I loved the Spider Shop stand, even though you had to battle to get near it! Haha. I picked up my first T from them, a female G. sp "Concepcion"/"Concepicon" (seems to be some dispute as to how that's spelt!). Such a cute spider!

Comment

Working...
                              X