Stop the mining of Steve Irwins reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the mining of Steve Irwins reserve

Firstly I asked Mark if it was ok to post this, I know it's not strictly tarantula's but I'm sure there would be a lot of our 8-legged friends affected by this.... (text copied from arachnophiles)

a mining company is planning to strip mine a part of Steve Irwins wildlife reserve in the cape york peninsula, Australia , a reserve made in honour of his memory! the mining company, cape aluma, wishes to strip mine 12,300 ha of the reserve for alumina, if this occurs it will cause the destruction of a great biodiversity that will not recover from such ruthless destruction.

Terri irwin has produced a petition to halt the mining, do your part and sign petition and help in stopping the destruction of steves legacy and an important biodiversity of Australia. thank you

Click here

Please send this link to all your like minded friends

Thank You

Lisa x
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

stop the mining

Hey there lisa-me and mrs signed it. how can the aussie government let them mine on a reserve? especially steve irwins i thought he was a hero in aus too?
    If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
    the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Richardson View Post
      Hey there lisa-me and mrs signed it. how can the aussie government let them mine on a reserve? especially steve irwins i thought he was a hero in aus too?
      Unfortunately bits of paper with numbers on them are more important than heros to these people. It's a real shame.
      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

from reading all the info it appears that the company has just put in an application at the moment. so really this is the time to act to nip it in the bud.

After seeing the thread on arachnophiles I posted the details on other forums and the support has been tremendous.

Comment

ive signed it, just goes to show nothing is safe any more
          My Collection:

Comment

definitely time to nip it in the bud...surely there's enough aluminium being chucked away that could be recycled?
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Well done Lisa, all signed. Can't wait until the Australian press get into this one, probably holding off until a decision on the application is made. What's the bet its a 'NO'!
              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

all signed here aswell

Comment

I signed it last night

Comment

passed to all my friends on facebook

I've signed and sent it to all my friends on facebook asking them to do the same. Should reach several hundred in a few days fingers crossed

Comment

Signed it and will pass it on to all our members at the next IAC meeting on the 29th.

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
                      Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X