acanthoscurria geniculata breeding help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acanthoscurria geniculata breeding help needed

I have both male + female A.Geniculata, but when i put the male into the female they both just sat there not moving for ages, any suggestions please?

After doing some images searches on the internet, I found that alot of the males in the images are alot more black and very similar to the females.
    Is this always the case as I am now feeling I may have been sold the wrong species.
    The male I have is an all over reddy brown colouring with very pale white knees. which when I bought him, was what I thought was a male white knee as I have read that the males are alot duller than females.
    Please Help Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Doreen Berrie View Post
      After doing some images searches on the internet, I found that alot of the males in the images are alot more black and very similar to the females.
      Is this always the case as I am now feeling I may have been sold the wrong species.
      The male I have is an all over reddy brown colouring with very pale white knees. which when I bought him, was what I thought was a male white knee as I have read that the males are alot duller than females.
      Please Help Me.
      Try and pop a picture up so we can see. Males can fade with age but to be sure it might be wise to get a image online for us to look at.

Regards
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Female in pot, male infront.
        Was told in petshop that he is a White Knee.
        This is the 1st time iv attempted mating myself as i sent my pink toe away for mating, and sadly my cobalt blue died 1week before he was to be sent away. I have done some research but I do not know if i am doing the right things as they just sat like they are in the picture for about 1hr.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Doreen Berrie; 25-05-09, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doreen Berrie View Post
          Female in pot, male infront.
          Was told in petshop that he is a White Knee.
          This is the 1st time iv attempted mating myself as i sent my pink toe away for mating, and sadly my cobalt blue died 1week before he was to be sent away. I have done some research but I do not know if i am doing the right things as they just sat like they are in the picture for about 1hr.
          Doreen
          The males does look very washed out, and that picture is not the best so to say you have the right sp male on this would be guessing.

It kinda looks right, any chance of a picture of the male on his own.

Normally males will sense the female and if there feeling right will start to vibrate and drum to appease the female, she may or may not reply.

It can happen very quick or take hours, so the very fact she never attacked him should be taken as a good sign.

Cheers
          Mark

Comment

Male

these 2 pictures are the best iv got so far, if anyone needs more, il take more.
            Attached Files

Comment

The female not attacking him should be a good sign. But IMO the male looks much more Nhandu than Acanthoscurria. colloratovillosus maybe?

Comment

Thank you, iv searched some pictures etc of nhandu coloratovillosus and my male looks alot like this species. thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Olsinia View Post
                  The female not attacking him should be a good sign. But IMO the male looks much more Nhandu than Acanthoscurria. colloratovillosus maybe?
                  I concur!

Regards
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X