Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little concerned about my P. murinius :?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little concerned about my P. murinius :?

I have had her for about 2 months now (guestimate) and when i 1st got her, she ate fine for the 1st month. now she just doesnt eat! i put a cricket in with her, tryed a large mealworm too, she turns round, looks interested but then walks away. I have left the cricket in there for a couple of days and she wont eat it. i have removed it and tryed again a few days later but with no success

I know 'Chile rose's' can be grumpy eaters and go for yonks with nothing, but i thought P. murinius's to be a little more greedy? She doesnt show any aggresson towards anything neither! its like a chile rose in an orange baboon suit! lol

I do wonder if perhaps she is due a moult? i dont know how to tell with this species as, where its Orange, i cannot tell any colour change on its abomen etc and where my chile rose webbs up, obv this species has a constant web layer. It does concern me tho if she is due a moult as the mealworm has burrowed and to get it out, would mean destroying most of the P.murinius's webbing. I dont want to stress her if she is due.?

Also, does it matter that she has completly covered her water bowl in a good 10mm thick silk? its a pain trying to fill the dish up!

finally, im not sure if this could be a cause of her not eating, but i dont have a proper enclousre for her yet, so i have her in a medium sized plastic container.

heres some pics to get an idea of the size..

thanx for the help

Ryan

Hi Ryan

That silk in there looks fairly promising, and as far as I can see through the side of the enclosure, the spider has a nice rounded abdomen, so I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. Just spray the web a bit when you want to give the spider water.

I know they're generally not shy either, but possibly try some smaller prey items and see if that makes a difference

My Collection:

Comment

Working...
    X