Question 1 - Off-topic posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question 1 - Off-topic posts

I joined the forum to meet and talk to like minded people.....and its great!!!!
    But are we allowed to talk about other things as well as inverts,
    such as...no one mentioned the death at lion mans park and 19 million people watched the final of britains got talent...[but no ones mentioned it]
    of which my spiders are entering next year,I have
    1...a dance troop of smithi's doing a routine to " Its raining waxworms"
    2... T.Blondi juggling 16 crickets and
    3... an airo-batic team of pokies doing an amazing act to " flight of the locust"
    I'm gonna get kicked off,I know I am....someone please reply!!!!!!!!
    LEE
    COME ON ALLO!

Well being that the BTS Forum is really a forum directly based around and run by a tarantula society, posts on here tend to be pretty much centred on spiders and associated topics (such as cockroaches/scorpions /bugs etc.), and there's no general area as such

Have a look at some of the "Forums, societys , and other recommended sites" on the main forums menu. I'm sure there are some sites on there that would interest you

Having said that, if you'd posted about the 'lion man' park death then I don't think anyone here would have had a problem with it (but you can keep the Britain's Got Talent one )
    Last edited by Phil Rea; 02-06-09, 02:11 PM.

My Collection:

Comment

Hi Lee,

as Phil points out the BTS Forum was predominantly set up for spider enthusiasts by spider enthusiasts to discuss and exchange views on all things arachnid. Thats not to say we dont talk about anything else indeed many of us belong to other network forums. I frequent a number of other tarantula forums, Arachnophiles for example. Its a great bunch of people who have off topic discussions and have built up strong friendships over the years. Other good forums include The Tarantula Store, Arachnoboards and Giant Spiders to name but three. Many of us, on all forums, have spent most of our lives in the hobby and are always willing to offer advice etc.
      In the past we have often been accused of being elitist or clickky. I hope that anyone who knows any of us or attended this years exhiibition will know this is not the case. We just enjoy our hobby and feel that by keeping the discussions on topic we avoid the often acrimonius posts that appear from time to time on other forums. And by that I dont mean other tarantulas sites necessarily as any hobby has its fair share of devils advocates.
      Another problem with off topic discussion is that often one mans opinion is another mans arguement and Britains Got Talent for example is not everyones cup of tea although I do admit to enjoying it this year.
      All this said you may have a valid point and if there is a genuine feel by the forum users for such an area of discussion then let us know and when Mark returns from his trip I am sure he will look into it.

best wishes

Ray Hale
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Sorry

Sorry...this is a great forum..I love it!!!!!
        LEE
        COME ON ALLO!

Comment

might i also recommend www.arachnidaddicts.com for info, friendliness, and general chat!

concur 100% with Ray...in no way is the BTS a clique...i've had the good fortune to meet a great number of friends through BTS events and because of this forum, and had a great laugh with them all. always happy to chat, even if they've never seen you before.
          this forum is quite easy to get on with i've noticed, and i don't think it's run in a heavy-handed-"you must always be on topic!"-way, though the fact it generally IS on topic is a boon.
          still my favourite place on the net!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

No worries Lee, glad to have you and cheers James. Always appreciated.

Mark as now gone off on his travels and returns in a couple of weeks.

I agree there are a lot of great socila network sites out there. try joining the BTS Facebook Group. They are always up for a chat.

Ray
            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
            On
            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Working...
            X