Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin returns! but only just...... user can now join

Dear All
    Just a quick note to let you all know that I have returned from our trip to Borneo. I will be catching up with all my emails and forum duties as soon as I can. I have a lot to catch up on so please be patient with me.

And yes as the title suggests we did have several near death experiences this year. If it was not the mad, Tokyo drifting, 30ft skidding, kamikaze, racing taxi drivers trying to finish us off! the planes nearly did..

The near miss on landing and the pilot desperately doing a fighter pilot turn 10ft of the ground to avoid a plane that pulled out in front of us on landing. Nearly put pay to us all.... oh well all part of the adventure. and what makes it all such bloody great fun.

Registrations are now open again, and I would like to thank Colin and Phil for looking after things in my absence. Cheers guys.

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

welcome back safe and sound Mark...my goodness, i am glad i couldn't go with that kind of air trouble, i am bad enough with flying as it is!
    what a relief you're all ok though!!!

hope you all had a great time
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Wow, sounds exciting!! Glad you all made it back safe and sound and had a great trip
      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

James, I can safely say that not one of the 10 planes we went on came anywhere as close to finishing me off as that last taxi, I saw my life flash before my eyes ...and they were closed tight most of the time! lol. All good fun.
        Claire Beckett

[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

to be updated lol....new additions

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Beckett View Post
          James, I can safely say that not one of the 10 planes we went on came anywhere as close to finishing me off as that last taxi, I saw my life flash before my eyes ...and they were closed tight most of the time! lol. All good fun.
          Ahh yes that last taxi ride was a classic!...... surprising the speed you can get out of a 10 year old proton with no brakes, suspension or tread on its tires...

Bliss!

can wait to get back.

Cheers
          M

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
            Ahh yes that last taxi ride was a classic!...... surprising the speed you can get out of a 10 year old proton with no brakes, suspension or tread on its tires...

Well I'm just glad it wasn't raining or we would've been done for!
            Claire Beckett

[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

to be updated lol....new additions

Comment

Dont think i would ever fly again if that had happened to me lol !!!
              Glad you all had a great time and welcome back

Lynn

Comment

thought I recognised the bloke in that plane above us! something about the terror on his face made me doubt it

Good to have you back
                Looking forward to reading of your adventures.
                My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

... Just a quick note to let you all know that I have returned from our trip to Borneo. ...
                  This thread isn't worth a @#$%& without some pix. Lots of pix! Come on, man. We want to see it all!
                  The Tarantula Whisperer!
                  Stan Schultz
                  Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
                  Private messaging is turned OFF!
                  Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley A. Schultz View Post
                    This thread isn't worth a @#$%& without some pix. Lots of pix! Come on, man. We want to see it all!
                    bare with me Stan there coming OK!... and they are worth the wait..

Cheers
                    Mark

Comment

I won't repeat what i just shouted out then as it may offend . Glad your all ok anyways .

Comment

OH MY GOOD GOSH! putting it as ladylike as possible!

well I suppose it is a trip of a lifetime!

glad to have you back and cant wait to see pics and read the storys

lisa x

Comment

Dear All
                          Just a quick note to let you all know that I have returned from our trip to Borneo. I will be catching up with all my emails and forum duties as soon as I can. I have a lot to catch up on so please be patient with me.

And yes as the title suggests we did have several near death experiences this year. If it was not the mad, Tokyo drifting, 30ft skidding, kamikaze, racing taxi drivers trying to finish us off! the planes nearly did..

The near miss on landing and the pilot desperately doing a fighter pilot turn 10ft of the ground to avoid a plane that pulled out in front of us on landing. Nearly put pay to us all.... oh well all part of the adventure. and what makes it all such bloody great fun.

Registrations are now open again, and I would like to thank Colin and Phil for looking after things in my absence. Cheers guys.

Regards
                          Mark

No problem Mark

Sounds like you all enjoyed the trip. Good to have everyone back in one piece though!

My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                          X