Escapee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escapee!

Well, was giving our G.Pulchripes (Aureostriata) a new pot after last weeks moult and taking a quick pic when he made a run for it. Russ caught him when he suddenly FLUNG himself from Russ and disappeared! We have just put a new kitchen in and the cupboards have no plinths on the front yet as the flooring is being done first. Looked IMMEDIATELY with a torch, but NO sign of him!
    Am cacking myself going into the kitchen now! Even though T's have partially helped me get over my spid fear, I know I'm gonna panic if he just appears when I'm making a sarnie or summat

Am gonna leave his tub open on the kitchen floors overnight and see if he comes back out. As the kitchen's just been done, we know there is no way out of the kitchen for him, unless either of the 3 doors off the kitchen are left open!

Here he is, Cloin, in above mentioned pic. He's about 4" or so. I hope he's ok and comes out soon. Am really worried about him
    Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Hi Leanne, hope you find her soon. Our adult female H. Minax escaped a short while back, she was missing for over a week, we'd given her up. I went into the bedroom one night, and there she stood, right in the middle of the floor, so a quick pot over her, and she was back in her tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
      Hi Leanne, hope you find her soon. Our adult female H. Minax escaped a short while back, she was missing for over a week, we'd given her up. I went into the bedroom one night, and there she stood, right in the middle of the floor, so a quick pot over her, and she was back in her tank.
      Thanks Linda Hubby is staying up tonight and popping into the kitchen half hour or so. Glad you found yours
      Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Comment

arachnophobia

Hi, I started keeping T's to cure my fear of spiders as well. Its worked a bit but I've always vowed that if one escapes my house goes up for sale the next day! I can cope with them on my terms but wouldnt want one to sneak up and catch me unawares.
        One method I've used for catching escaped snakes before is a bottle made into a minnow trap type device (google minnow trap) something similar might work for escaped T's - less hassle than moving I suppose

Comment

I can empathise Leanne. I came back from hospital last November with a hole in my stomach, barely able to move, to find 10 escapee P. pederseni juveniles! They were all ok (see the thread on escapee crickets) except one but it took a week to catch the last fluff:-S. Have you tried putting down bait?
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

escapees can be fun. if he reads htis i am sure he will tell the story better than me but our club chairman (chris carter) had a feather leg baboon escape in his house, was missing for a few months before his son found it in the end of his shoe whilst putting them on, i think we can guess the rest lol
            THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Matt

Kevin wont thank you for reminding him of that, when i first lost it me and Piercy Pete completely emptied my Animal room but could not find it then two months later i am awoken by a scream, its hanging off kevins big toe.
              To this day my wife hasn't forgiven me that i went to see if the spider was all right before i went to Kevin.
              I thought it was funny until he changed colour and lost the use of his leg.
              He had leg spasms for three hours but after some injections and pills he was fine.
              I had to ring his boss to tell him why Kevin wasn't coming to work, i think he thought was some kind of nutter.

The Feather-leg died 6 weeks later, probally food poisoning.

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
              Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

I can empathise too, a few years ago my Peruvian bird eater adult female escaped, I came home from work and found the lid on her tank pushed aside and no bird eater. Back then I wasn’t married and kept my spiders in my bedroom so when I had this escapee I was too shit scared to sleep in my bedroom and slept on the settee for 2 weeks. Then I gave up and decided to sleep in my bedroom again. The first night was no problem but on the second whilst I was asleep I heard a thud and jumped out of bed and switched the light on to find the bird eater on the floor looking imposing.
                Was happy to be reunited as she was my very first tarantula.

Comment

I hope you find your trantula soon, my salmon pink bird eater escaped on me when she was a juve. I only noticed when i saw something walking up the wall while i was in bed. I jumped out of bed and turned on the light and there she was so i did the tub and cardboard method and shoved her back in her tank. That was over 13 years ago and i've never gived her the chance to do it again.

Comment

Working...
                  X