Michael Mann passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Mann passed away

I have just recieved a text informing me that Michael Mann passed away on Sat at the age of 51.

Michael was one of the older hobbiests, but had lots of medical problems, none of which detered him in anyway from the hobby he loved. Michael was the guy who indirectly supplied the first Ceratogyrus meridionalis into the hobby.

If anyone has further information please elt me know.

Ray Gabriel
    Last edited by Richard Gallon; 30-06-09, 12:29 PM.

that is sad news...my condolences to his family and friends
    it sounds like he lived life to the full and will be missed.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I agree totally with James. My sympathies to Michael's family.
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Yes, a sad loss.

Michael was one of the friendliest people I've ever met, always busy with educational invertebrate talks and displays despite his health problems (he lost the sight in one eye and even one of his legs to diabetes related problems). His anecdotes were classic and a visit to his animal room was an experience in itself too!

He will be sadly missed and I'll be at the funeral if possible...

Condolences to Jean.
        Guy...
        www.giantspiders.com

Comment

We also send our sympathies to his family. xxx
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Very sad news indeed. I first met Michael around '97-'98 at one of the local Creepy Crawly fairs. He always had a friendly word and loads of good advice...he knew about most exotic inverts and kept lots! I last saw him in 2008 at Leeds show (I think!) and even though he suffered with some serious medical conditions, he still had the enthusiasm for the hobby. He was a genuinely great guy and will be sadly missed.

Comment

Working...
            X