Brachypelma Boehmei....Help,tips and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brachypelma Boehmei....Help,tips and advice

Brachypelma Boehmei...Mexican Fireleg/Mexican Beauty.
    Any advice,tips or help of any sort would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

Online caresheet....B.Boehmei

This seems to be a good basic caresheet for T's in general but does not deal with individual species.....any comments on it are welcome.Any experienced B.Boehmei keepers advice would be fantastic too!!http://www.tarantulas.com/care_info.html

Comment

These are an easy species to care for, quite hardy, great display species and beautiful colouring.
      A faunarium or tub with coir and a hide plus a water bowl is all you need. Its likely to ignore the water bowl and hide but its worthwhile including these. Feed once or twice a week with an insect no bigger than the abdomen and overfill the water bowl once a week.
      Their main defence is kicking urticating hairs, I've had one's that would kick at the slightest disturbance and others that don't. The hairs are not too bad but as with all New World tarantula, avoid getting these in your eyes or throat and take precautions when renewing the substrate.
      As they're Brachypelma you can expect them to live for c25 years as females and will take between 5-7years to reach maturity.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Thanks Peter...you have just verified all the information i have been gathering online...nice one.
        Anyway.... got to go....haven't looked at my T for 15 minutes now.....might have missed her move a leg!!!

Comment

How long do the males take to mature Peter? Its just that if my baumgarteni takes 5-7 years at the rate he's growing he'll be bigger than my apophysis!
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Hi all......long time no speak...just to let you know me and the T are doing fine....i have uploaded some photos of sheila my fireleg over in the members gallery if anyone is interested...shes a proper cracker

Comment

Working...
            X