Help with my Lasiodora parahybana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Lasiodora parahybana

My Lasiodora parahybana has not molted for 2 years and has not eat anything for around 2 months. I have had her for 15 years from a Juvenile and she has always been nasty, she bit me once when i first had her and she always flicked hairs and would go for anything that moved in her tank but over the last few months she has gone dead docile. She used to eat locusts but now she runs from them and the other day a cricket walked up her leg and sat on top of her and she did not move an inch. Her abdomen has not darkened so i don't think its molt related.

My L. klugi moulted recently after a gap of over 1 & 1/2yrs. As they get older they moult less. She certainly doesnt look like she's ready to moult but I wouldn't worry too much about that timescale. Many species go on a fast but as long as the abdomen isnt wrinkled and you're supplying a water bowl things should be fine. Try again with a large cricket once a week and remove if it doesnt eat.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Don't think it's anything to worry about Steven, my Lasiodora parahybana moulted a few days ago after about 2 years, he is now a mature male

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

This morning i got up to make my breakfast and i looked in my t's tank and noticed her abdomen has darkened. Maybe thats why she has been a bit docile.

Comment

Hi Steven, there's the moult in progress, I'm sure she'll be fine. We've just had one of our big Para females moult, she was only about 7-8 days from the stage yours looks now, to moulting, she's now jet black and gorgeous.

Comment

The last time she molted before she always built a web bed to lie on thats how i knew she was molting especially when she had hair on her abdomen but this time she has not even tempted to built a web. Does this matter or will she be ok if she molts without a web bed. she has just been moved to this new tank so i'm not sure if its because of this.

Comment

Hi Steven, my Klugi moulted last week and it wasnt untill the day of the moult that she lay down a mat of web. She looks like shes on her way so she will prob make a web soon, even in the new tank.

Comment

Our Para, laid her mat the morning as she moulted later on that day, that's the norm like Kirk's experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X