salmon pink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmon pink

Just got my 3 lasidodora parahybana 1cm slings in the post from Kim Small's add
    on the adds section,there all good & active..cant wait to get some months under my belt & watch/learn about all my T's in this great hobbie i have been smitten with...found some great containers in "home bargins"store,bit less than £1.50 each,there about the size of a tall packup box just rite for my 3/4 cm crawshayi slings.
    0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
    0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
    0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
    0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

great addition! they are a subtly beautiful and large spider when they mature.
    also, they don't take long!
    they are a bit skittish IME, but they are not unmanageable...just watch out for the hairs, cause they are quite a nasty type.

one other benefit of this species is i am aware of a male that is still alive and seemingly fertile 4+ years after maturation...which is impressive by anyone's standards
    so there's no reason to be disappointed with a male, you'll have plenty of time with him
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

urticulating hair

HA HA yeh i already got a roll of duck tape just incase ,but ime not intending to piss them off at all,gentlydo's it type of thing once there big enough to give me a problem thay will only be getting moved when absolutly nessesary ,same for all of them,not for playing with ,mind i could always use some veet bikini stuff that would stop them chucking hairs at me.....!

Comment

ah they'll be happy then!

and lol at the veet idea! perhaps i should try it on mine haha...even without kicking, there are hairs are all over my room!
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
          great addition! they are a subtly beautiful and large spider when they mature.
          also, they don't take long!
          they are a bit skittish IME, but they are not unmanageable...just watch out for the hairs, cause they are quite a nasty type.

one other benefit of this species is i am aware of a male that is still alive and seemingly fertile 4+ years after maturation...which is impressive by anyone's standards
          so there's no reason to be disappointed with a male, you'll have plenty of time with him
          Noel was 5 years old in May, and eats well even now, he took a winged locust yesterday, that suprised me.
          I will have to write up his autobiography for journal.
          Oh yeah, he is from our own breeding.
          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Noel is an inspiration to us all, Mary!
            plus he's an object lesson that males don't ALWAYS have to die soon after maturing. just a bit of care and they do ok for a bit!
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
              he's an object lesson that males don't ALWAYS have to die soon after maturing. just a bit of care and they do ok for a bit!
              That's good to know James. I've got a salmon pink, molted a few days ago and is now an adult male. Funny thing is that i've had him for nearly 13 years, bourght him as a tiny spiderling back in late 96 early 97. All my other tarantula's passed away and he was the only one to survive, got fed up of spending too much money on spider's so gave up buying. It's amazing he's lived so long, it's nice to know he might be arround for a few years more, well that's if he doesn't become lunch to a hungry female

I think with this salmon pink i've realy got my money's worth as I paid 50p for him and he's given me many years of enjoyment.
              Thanks for the heads up James.
              Last edited by Henry Johnson; 03-07-09, 12:55 AM.

Comment

just matured

hi henry ,how come he has taken so long to mature? remember ime a complete novice,but i thought thay matured fairly fast ?or am i wrong...
                these posts make great reading when your new to spiders....learn stuff every post..

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Kennington View Post
                  hi henry ,how come he has taken so long to mature? remember ime a complete novice,but i thought thay matured fairly fast ?or am i wrong...
                  these posts make great reading when your new to spiders....learn stuff every post..
                  You're right Alistair, salmon pink's being from a tropical country mature and die fairly quickly and only tarantulas from arid climates live and mature longer.
                  If I were to guess why it's taken so long for him to mature then it would be because i've limited the amount food and water, in other word's (he's lived so long because of neglect).

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Johnson View Post
                    You're right Alistair, salmon pink's being from a tropical country mature and die fairly quickly and only tarantulas from arid climates live and mature longer.
                    If I were to guess why it's taken so long for him to mature then it would be because i've limited the amount food and water, in other word's (he's lived so long because of neglect).
                    well there is some thing to think about,you called it neglect,yet to have lived that long & still be going strong makes you think if the way you looked after him is not the better way,in yokohama in china people live to around 100yr old or more on average,& that would be called healthy living not neglect,makes you think

Comment

If you want to loan him out Henry, I have a female ripe for mating, and you not THAT far from me.
                      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Hi Henry, it's surprising how well these things live on "neglect".
                        someone else posted recently how alot of overfeeding happens in the hobby, i think that corraborates what you're saying.
                        oh granted these can mature in 18 months or so, but yeah you rush the lifecycle a bit by doing so.
                        13 years for a male is amazing...
                        this species is full of surprises!
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
                          If you want to loan him out Henry, I have a female ripe for mating, and you not THAT far from me.
                          Ok, pm sent

Comment

Working...
                          X