who can remember there T's First ever moult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who can remember there T's First ever moult

Well as some of you no i got 3 salmon pink slings the other day,i just looked in there pots i rehomed them in when thay arrived & thought "whas that?"thinking of top of my head "hay? i never put a big cricket in there?"then the penny droped "kieran..kieran..."i shouted my son ,what he said in his less than enthusiastic fashion,one of the slings has shed look,then we both looked on ,whooo look its like a proper spider now n it aint all fluffed up yet still scawny looking but deffinatly a big change on the how it looked before to how it looks now...& then i thought that sounds like a post the folk from here could enjoy telling about & one all us newbie's will enjoy reading ...so who's next then
    0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
    0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
    0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
    0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Hi Alistair. Congratulations on your moulting success. I love it when my slings moult and I find them bigger than they were before. I had one B smithi who arrived with only six legs. I was extra pleased the day I found he had moulted and had regenerated his two missing legs.

Comment

My first ever was back in 1994, my first lil albop.
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Hey Alistair, I notice you're from Scunny. I'm just up the A18 in Crowle.

Anyway, I got my smithi back in Feb 08 as a young sling. I've witnessed all (at least parts of) her moults so far except one and have all the skins except one which was too fragile. I think its one of those things that every keeper looks forward to.
        Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

upt a18

Originally posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
          Hey Alistair, I notice you're from Scunny. I'm just up the A18 in Crowle.

Anyway, I got my smithi back in Feb 08 as a young sling. I've witnessed all (at least parts of) her moults so far except one and have all the skins except one which was too fragile. I think its one of those things that every keeper looks forward to.
          Hi Andy yeh if your ever in scunny"ASHBY" near lincoln imp giz a shout n ile send u my addy so u can pop round for a coffee...

Comment

I used to live in Ashby, just off Burringham Road, not far from Priory. It'd be nice to see a collection that doesn't consist of just 1 tarantula, aka mine!!
            Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Priory

HA HA small world,you will know me then ..i used to be the head doorman at priory,club2000,blue bell,n pepper lounge,look at the pic,i had hair then though but not a lot,short n fat dude..

Comment

My first molt was 15 years ago with my salmon pink bird eater and my chilean rose, its been that long ago i can't remember the first molts but remember others over the years. My salmon pink has not molted for 2 years now, don't know when she will again and my chilean rose died a few years ago but i've just taken a chilean rose thats been abused by its owner and she has a broken leg but hopfully she will molt and the leg with heal.

Comment

rosie

Cool hope your new rose gets better at the next moult

Comment

Ya thanks alistair, here is the little girl i named spinner. As you can see from her back leg its broken at the joint, she tucks it under herself.

Comment

Not been in the hobby a huge amount of time but i still remember the first time my smithi moulted and it remains one of my favorite species. A freshly moulted smithi is just jaw dropping with bright colours. Mine moulted again only 2 days ago, sporting a bright red/orange stripped coat Looks wicked. They do tend to look a tad disproportional after the moult though xD Mike

Comment

First moult

My c.rose moulted two weeks ago. Spent 10 hours watching. Now have a slightly bigger and ginger T. Brilliant to watch, only got T due to Granchild getting bored. Now want to get more. Have some great photos but can't upload due to file size??

Comment

resize

Hi if you join(free) this place and upload your photos/pics there ,you can pic the rite size ect to put on this site also if you crash your pc your pics will be safe... http://register.photobucket.com/

Comment

First moult.

First moult was two weeks ago. Brilliant to watch (10 hours). Chilean Rose now bigger with a ginger tint.
                            Only got T because granson got bored, now want more!!

Comment

First moult

Thanks for info.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X