Moving my Blondi????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving my Blondi????

Thanks to my last post Stanley, as for moving my blondi, well I have a tank that makes things slightly difficult! It only opens at the front!!

Would it be possible to perhaps put a small darkened tub into the enclosure in the hopes that the blondi may go into it when it goes for a walk at night, or will I have to catch it in another way. I am a bit cautious as it is a bit of a beast.

As for having a spare tank, I did not take this into consideration, it is an expensive option for me. This is with regard to the previous reply Stanley. I will do my best with suggestions and I am sure things will sort themselves out.........

Hi Andrew, do it the same as we do ours, open the tank, pop a plastic tub quickly over the top, slide a piece of card underneath it and transfer it, 20second job.

Comment

Ht Andrew

Cut the bottom off a 2ltr Cola bottle, get the blondi to enter it she will move to the top end of the bottle remove the bottle and cover the end with a piece of cardboard.
      An ideal solution for your front opening tank, being unable to place a tub over her which is the normal method.

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
      Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

Just to add to what Chris suggested, when putting the blondi into the new tank you can remove the lid of the bottle and use a paintbrush or whatever to coerce it back to the open bottom end without getting your fingers anywhere near it or worrying about it coming towards you.
        www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X